Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,359 Members 40,408 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Superuser Binary (su) must be updated.

Tip us?

bigadam2089
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Superuser Binary (su) must be updated.

So I used motochopper when I first bought my S4 and it rooted my phone just fine. After updating to 4.4 kit kat I lost my root status and now I am getting this message about updating my binary code for super user. If anybody has any tips I would much appreciate it.

SGH i337
I337UCUFNB1

rugmankc
Old
(Last edited by rugmankc; 30th March 2014 at 02:50 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1,807
you can't direct root anymore

see the general section on the root workaround and downgrade threads by muniz and ted
ATT Samsung Galaxy S4/Rooted/TWRP 2.5.0.2/Wanam Xposed, or Gravity Box/Long Time MultiRom Flasher/Waiting For The Note 4--The Game Changer

The Following User Says Thank You to rugmankc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tailgunner9
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Default Root

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigadam2089 View Post
So I used motochopper when I first bought my S4 and it rooted my phone just fine. After updating to 4.4 kit kat I lost my root status and now I am getting this message about updating my binary code for super user. If anybody has any tips I would much appreciate it.

SGH i337
I337UCUFNB1
Have same trouble with mine also after update to 4.4.2. Yet can run Root Checker and it says its rooted, but it is not. But at least phone works OK, just No Root.

kevp75
Old
Thanks Meter 856

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailgunner9 View Post
Have same trouble with mine also after update to 4.4.2. Yet can run Root Checker and it says its rooted, but it is not. But at least phone works OK, just No Root.
there currently is no direct root method

Sent from my Deadly Venom SS 3.0 S4 ~ 20GB free cloud https://copy.com?r=vtiraF
Rockin' it from my Vision-X N3 US on My Note 3

Check me out online @ http://kevin.pirnie.us

tailgunner9
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Default S5 Root

Quote:
Strange there is root method for new S5 and it is not even released yet, but No Root for phones that has been out for Months with 4.4.2????

rugmankc
Old
Thanks Meter 1,807
Quote:
Strange there is root method for new S5 and it is not even released yet, but No Root for phones that has been out for Months with 4.4.2????
Not strange, the S5 release is international not the i337 att
ATT Samsung Galaxy S4/Rooted/TWRP 2.5.0.2/Wanam Xposed, or Gravity Box/Long Time MultiRom Flasher/Waiting For The Note 4--The Game Changer

DeadlySin9
Old
Thanks Meter 626

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
Not strange, the S5 release is international not the i337 att
Definitely not strange, specifically because our bootloader is locked and that one isn't. If our bootloader was unlocked we would have had root as soon as our update was released because Chainfire puts out his autoroot for unlocked S4's but we can't flash it since it isn't signed.
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadlySin9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rugmankc
Old
Thanks Meter 1,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9 View Post
Definitely not strange, specifically because our bootloader is locked and that one isn't. If our bootloader was unlocked we would have had root as soon as our update was released because Chainfire puts out his autoroot for unlocked S4's but we can't flash it since it isn't signed.
Exactly ☺

Sent From My i337 S4 using Tapatalk

Tags
re-root