Originally Posted by jbag1489
On the Droid razr (vzw) I used a sql editor to open settings.db and there was an option called entitlement check, and I had to change that to 0 instead of 1.
No clue if anything like this would work on the m8,as I don't have mine yet.
Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk
Someone said adding tethering_dun_required=0 to settings.db would do it, but I tried it and it didn't work. I rebooted the phone and verified the new setting is in there as below, but trying to start the hotspot resulted in the same "call 611" bull**** as before:
% adb shell sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db 'select * from global where name = \"tether_dun_required\"'
I'm using KnoxRaid ROM
which is based on the AT&T firmware. I haven't tried, but I'm willing to bet the international version roms
don't have this problem.
edit: Just tried flashing ARHD
, which is based on the international stock ROM, on my AT&T device and mobile hotspot works out of the box.