Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,580 Members 40,435 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tether

Tip us?

kevinallen4325
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default Tether

Does anyone know if there's something I can delete in titanium backup to get unlimited tethering? I know on my old Samsung's there was something and I don't want to just go around deleting random things

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

Tower1972
Old
Thanks Meter 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinallen4325 View Post
Does anyone know if there's something I can delete in titanium backup to get unlimited tethering? I know on my old Samsung's there was something and I don't want to just go around deleting random things

Does your plan include tethering ? If so you don't need to delete anything..which I think most higher plans do now
AT&T HTC One M8 ex-Harmon Kardon edition!
ARHD 9.1 Android 4.4.3!
Rooted, bootloader unlocked, SuperCID
TWRP 2.7.1.0
I also like walks on the beach..candlelit dinners, and watching good movies!

Every once in awhile I manage to spew forth a nugget of truth, so hitting the thanks tab is much appreciated!

kevinallen4325
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:

I was grandfathered in to the unlimited plan. I do not have tethering. I relied on custom rims basically to get rid of the tether block

Wonders_Never_Cease
Old
Thanks Meter 236
Devs doing roms here should know how to enable tethering, I have it enabled on mine but unless on custom rom and rooted doesnt help much...Knoxraid just released a rom, see if its unlocked on his...but to answer your question no its not something you can just delete and itll work....sorry...

Quote:
I was grandfathered in to the unlimited plan. I do not have tethering. I relied on custom rims basically to get rid of the tether block

jbag1489
Old
Thanks Meter 6
On the Droid razr (vzw) I used a sql editor to open settings.db and there was an option called entitlement check, and I had to change that to 0 instead of 1.

No clue if anything like this would work on the m8,as I don't have mine yet.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

jjbusa
Old
Thanks Meter 7
im interested in this too. i have the same grandfathered plan

Nathan2
Old
(Last edited by Nathan2; 1st April 2014 at 03:18 AM.)
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbag1489 View Post
On the Droid razr (vzw) I used a sql editor to open settings.db and there was an option called entitlement check, and I had to change that to 0 instead of 1.

No clue if anything like this would work on the m8,as I don't have mine yet.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk
Someone said adding tethering_dun_required=0 to settings.db would do it, but I tried it and it didn't work. I rebooted the phone and verified the new setting is in there as below, but trying to start the hotspot resulted in the same "call 611" bull**** as before:

% adb shell sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db 'select * from global where name = \"tether_dun_required\"'
106|tether_dun_required|0
%

I'm using KnoxRaid ROM which is based on the AT&T firmware. I haven't tried, but I'm willing to bet the international version roms don't have this problem.

edit: Just tried flashing ARHD, which is based on the international stock ROM, on my AT&T device and mobile hotspot works out of the box.