Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,807 Members 52,421 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is my phone dead?

Tip us?
 
wikitiki
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 52
Join Date: Dec 2011
Unhappy [Q] Is my phone dead?

Here's what happened. My phone (running Slimbean 4.3) was plugged into my computer and I was going to drag and drop some music into it when the computer froze and then disconnected the phone. Phone also went black and now can't power on. No boot screen, and can't even get into download or recovery mode. Tried to use a different battery, doesn't work. Connecting it to the computer it, the computer makes a quick 3 note sound as if you disconnected something from a USB port. I think this is good bye for my almost 2 and a half year old Hercules?
 
ArtfulDodger
Old
#2  
ArtfulDodger's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1213
Posts: 1,948
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Louisville
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikitiki View Post
Here's what happened. My phone (running Slimbean 4.3) was plugged into my computer and I was going to drag and drop some music into it when the computer froze and then disconnected the phone. Phone also went black and now can't power on. No boot screen, and can't even get into download or recovery mode. Tried to use a different battery, doesn't work. Connecting it to the computer it, the computer makes a quick 3 note sound as if you disconnected something from a USB port. I think this is good bye for my almost 2 and a half year old Hercules?
Slim was one of the first ROMs I tried when I got this phone, and as with a few others, if it RRs it can take several miuntes to reboot. Even after a battery pull. See if you can get into recovery by holding the power button down, then the power up and power down button all three at the same time. In fact try two or three times until you make it. If the phone is vibrating while you are trying your phone is not dead at all. In that case wait for the phone to boot and give it about 10 minutes tops. If nothing is happening, no vibration, no logo, no nothing, yeah you're done.


The Following User Says Thank You to ArtfulDodger For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
wikitiki
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 52
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtfulDodger View Post
Slim was one of the first ROMs I tried when I got this phone, and as with a few others, if it RRs it can take several miuntes to reboot. Even after a battery pull. See if you can get into recovery by holding the power button down, then the power up and power down button all three at the same time. In fact try two or three times until you make it. If the phone is vibrating while you are trying your phone is not dead at all. In that case wait for the phone to boot and give it about 10 minutes tops. If nothing is happening, no vibration, no logo, no nothing, yeah you're done.
Yeah I'm used to the reboots with vibrations. But this time there's none of that. The only signs of life are from the sound disconnecting when i plug it into my computer or from the stock charging adapter (high frequency sound when uncharged). Oh well. RIP Hercules, my first Android smartphone.
 
ArtfulDodger
Old
#4  
ArtfulDodger's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1213
Posts: 1,948
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Louisville
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikitiki View Post
Yeah I'm used to the reboots with vibrations. But this time there's none of that. The only signs of life are from the sound disconnecting when i plug it into my computer or from the stock charging adapter (high frequency sound when uncharged). Oh well. RIP Hercules, my first Android smartphone.
Well, the good news is you can move on to something better. Lots of great options out there right now.


 
jondoe27
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 157
Join Date: Mar 2014
I've had the situation like that before. ODIN could pick up a port sometimes from feels like a dead phone. Try flush a stock ROM with this open port.It will fail because this is a media port. However it would installed smth which let the phone get in download mode after pulling out/reinserting the battery. No guaranty but might help.
 
KJ
Old
#6  
KJ's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2868
Posts: 7,078
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The boonies - southwest Ontario
Try Odin as said. If not....new phone.

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....
Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

 
r.dhaliwal
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 6
Join Date: Apr 2014
I think this is due to power button broken

Tags
black screen, dead
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...