Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 38,471 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android crashing on every ROM?

Tip us?

andreglud
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Question Android crashing on every ROM?

Hi.
So, my problem is very basic. On every ROM I get the same error with something like "Android.system.com has stopped."

So I was thinking.. hm.. this could be the kernel.. but most likely the ROM has it own kernel. But I tried to flash this Kernel. Using this ROM with KK. But now it's just stuck at the HTC boot screen. How can I get rid of that stupid kernel (or make it work) and get a ROM working? I cant really see the problem.

Oh, and I'm on the International version.

shawkes
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreglud View Post
Hi.
So, my problem is very basic. On every ROM I get the same error with something like "Android.system.com has stopped."

So I was thinking.. hm.. this could be the kernel.. but most likely the ROM has it own kernel. But I tried to flash this Kernel. Using this ROM with KK. But now it's just stuck at the HTC boot screen. How can I get rid of that stupid kernel (or make it work) and get a ROM working? I cant really see the problem.

Oh, and I'm on the International version.
So you installed a kernel compatible with 4.2.x and a ROM that is either 4.3 or 4.4, hmmm what could the problem be?

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

I have another idea for you, read the instructions for the ROM you installed. Just to help you out here is step 1 of the instructions:

1) Reboot in bootlader. Flash boot.img included in rom zip (fastboot flash boot boot.img);
AT&T HTC One X+
The Following User Says Thank You to shawkes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kingofnice
Old
Thanks Meter 680

DONATE TO ME
By the way... That was sarcasm my friend.
The only way you can survive here is to learn how to read.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk
- Hit My Thanks Button If You Liked Anything I Said -