Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,250 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Soft Brick

Tip us?

af_nm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge1223 View Post
Driver issue 99% of the time make sure you've uninstalled all Samsung drivers. Use windows' control panel option to uninstall programs and make sure all kies, samsung, and verizon related stuff is uninstalled. Then reboot the pc, let your phone install the drivers for your pc, and try using a different usb port with the stock oem cable. Also make sure adb isn't running in the background

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
you were right I'm uninstalling kies permanently now, but will I have to redownload the USB driver sine deleting kies deleted it as well

joshm.1219
Old
Thanks Meter 1172
Quote:
Originally Posted by af_nm View Post
you were right I'm uninstalling kies permanently now, but will I have to redownload the USB driver sine deleting kies deleted it as well
Also make sure you actually go to the utilities tab and hit detect. Heimdall is supposed to automatically do this of course but it's given me libusb errors because of that before.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2848/11738368925_6e7dbef510_o.png
  • CARRIER: Verizon
  • PHONE: Samsung S4
  • CASE: Otterbox Defender modded to fit Anker 7800mah battery
  • BOOTLOADER: MDK, loki bypass
  • RECOVERY: TWRP 2.7.x
  • KERNEL: Ktoonsez with Project Icarus profile and Hydra script
  • ROM: Eclipse TW 4.4
  • LAUNCHER & MODS: Google Now launcher with XGEL settings, GravityBox, Heads Up notifications, & Android L navbar
The Following User Says Thank You to joshm.1219 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

af_nm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge1223 View Post
Driver issue 99% of the time make sure you've uninstalled all Samsung drivers. Use windows' control panel option to uninstall programs and make sure all kies, samsung, and verizon related stuff is uninstalled. Then reboot the pc, let your phone install the drivers for your pc, and try using a different usb port with the stock oem cable. Also make sure adb isn't running in the background

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sorry for the late reply, but I wanted to try flashing the software using another computer that has never had kies, Verizon, or Samsung programs ever downloaded on it, also I disabled firewall and antivirus when trying to flash but I still keep getting

initializing connection...
detecting device
ERROR: failed to access device libusb error: -12

Could it still be a program that I forgot to download or something I forgot to add?

wlhyatt
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry for the long bump, but I found how to help this issue tonight.

This is what you need to be looking for: http://blog.scott.wallace.sh/2012/03...-your-mac.html

I had the same issue tonight and a quick google search helped me out