Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How serious is the 'cracking' issue?

OP Sh4dovv

1st April 2014, 04:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

40 posts
I am very keen on the Z2 as my first Sony phone but the reports I have read about Z1 phone screens randomly cracking on their own has me worried. How serious is this problem really?

Is this just the 0.1% of phones that the people are complaining about? Or is it more than that. I am assuming the screen used on the Z2 is the same as predecessors.
1st April 2014, 09:40 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 25

141 posts
Screen on the Z2 is not the same as one on the Z1, and personally i think that cracking screen problem is weird, and i not believe it.
1st April 2014, 11:13 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

40 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikola1970

Screen on the Z2 is not the same as one on the Z1, and personally i think that cracking screen problem is weird, and i not believe it.

I know the technology behind the glass is different, but are you sure the glass itself is different?

9 page thread about the issue on Sony forums [cannot post links yet ]
1st April 2014, 02:16 PM   |  #4  

141 posts
You should really not worry about that "cracking" problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to nikola1970 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
x102x96x
1st April 2014, 09:42 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Info 2 i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh4dovv

I am very keen on the Z2 as my first Sony phone but the reports I have read about Z1 phone screens randomly cracking on their own has me worried. How serious is this problem really?

Is this just the 0.1% of phones that the people are complaining about? Or is it more than that. I am assuming the screen used on the Z2 is the same as predecessors.

hehe yeah shatter proof screen will crack without ANY reason!
no reason but maybe some a**h*** sit on phone and then report nothing happened for warranty and etc.

think little bit logical! is it possible that a slim glass crack by itself without any reason? NO
so dragontile glass also won't crack by itself!
5th April 2014, 12:39 PM   |  #6  
Flag Basingstoke
Thanks Meter: 359

1,181 posts
Donate to Me
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikola1970

You should really not worry about that "cracking" problem.

There's been a scientifically proven discovery that connected cracking screen phenomenon to wearing a very tight pair of slim chino jeans...
6th April 2014, 12:03 AM   |  #7  
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 1,209

1,995 posts
More
Lol.....yeah, that'd be because.......
Tight fitting trousers + contour of wearers butt = phone being bent/twisted into shapes that Sony never intended = dumb s**t user damage.......
As far as I know, nobody has produced a flexible smartphone yet....lmao

Sent from my Markox powered KitKatted S2
6th April 2014, 11:30 PM   |  #8  

16 posts
I never gave any credit to those rumors... Until today when the screen of my Z2 just cracked on me.
Phone was in my pocket, I left home for a walk and when I pulled the phone out of my pocket the backglass was completely cracked... I am positive that I did not hit anything or did anything unusual. Pretty passed that it happened to me on a week old phone which I got from Taiwan so no possibility to return/exchange under warranty (I am in the US).
7th April 2014, 03:45 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 27

240 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithross39

Lol.....yeah, that'd be because.......
Tight fitting trousers + contour of wearers butt = phone being bent/twisted into shapes that Sony never intended = dumb s**t user damage.......
As far as I know, nobody has produced a flexible smartphone yet....lmao

Sent from my Markox powered KitKatted S2

Ummmmm what about the lg flex???? Seriously tho, i wouldnt worry, i know its different glass but ive had a galaxy note for the last 2 years, lives in my back pocket, only damaged the screen once, damaged digitizer by throwing phone at wall, then broke lcd while attempting to remove the digitizer....... unless you're extremely heavy i doubt it'd be an issue
7th April 2014, 12:55 PM   |  #10  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 189

2,402 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howdoin

I never gave any credit to those rumors... Until today when the screen of my Z2 just cracked on me.
Phone was in my pocket, I left home for a walk and when I pulled the phone out of my pocket the backglass was completely cracked... I am positive that I did not hit anything or did anything unusual. Pretty passed that it happened to me on a week old phone which I got from Taiwan so no possibility to return/exchange under warranty (I am in the US).

Sorry to hear that in which pocket did you have your phone ? :'(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howdoin

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread