Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 42,007 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How serious is the 'cracking' issue?

Tip us?

Sh4dovv
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Q] How serious is the 'cracking' issue?

I am very keen on the Z2 as my first Sony phone but the reports I have read about Z1 phone screens randomly cracking on their own has me worried. How serious is this problem really?

Is this just the 0.1% of phones that the people are complaining about? Or is it more than that. I am assuming the screen used on the Z2 is the same as predecessors.

nikola1970
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Screen on the Z2 is not the same as one on the Z1, and personally i think that cracking screen problem is weird, and i not believe it.

Sh4dovv
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikola1970 View Post
Screen on the Z2 is not the same as one on the Z1, and personally i think that cracking screen problem is weird, and i not believe it.
I know the technology behind the glass is different, but are you sure the glass itself is different?

9 page thread about the issue on Sony forums [cannot post links yet ]

nikola1970
Old
Thanks Meter 25
You should really not worry about that "cracking" problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to nikola1970 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

x102x96x
Old
Thanks Meter 278

DONATE TO ME
Info 2 i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh4dovv View Post
I am very keen on the Z2 as my first Sony phone but the reports I have read about Z1 phone screens randomly cracking on their own has me worried. How serious is this problem really?

Is this just the 0.1% of phones that the people are complaining about? Or is it more than that. I am assuming the screen used on the Z2 is the same as predecessors.
hehe yeah shatter proof screen will crack without ANY reason!
no reason but maybe some a**h*** sit on phone and then report nothing happened for warranty and etc.

think little bit logical! is it possible that a slim glass crack by itself without any reason? NO
so dragontile glass also won't crack by itself!

Java.Symbian.WP8.iOS4/5/6/7
Android; Fy \GB \ICS \JB \KK \CustomROM
Devices; Nexus \Xperia \Galaxy \LG \htc \Lenovo
./Android-Ubuntu Programming

>>> XperiaSmallApp & GalaxyMultiWindow & All-Device <<<
>>> AndroidWear <<<

SonyXperiaZ2; D6503/.314
SamsungGalaxyNoteIII
;
N900 /ND1
GoogleNexus5; D821 | MultiROM
UbuntuTouch & CM11 (In Use)
GoogleNexus7
;
Grouper | MultiROM
BT5 & CM11 (In Use)

Akiainavas
Old
Thanks Meter 355

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikola1970 View Post
You should really not worry about that "cracking" problem.
There's been a scientifically proven discovery that connected cracking screen phenomenon to wearing a very tight pair of slim chino jeans...

Xperia Z2ssssssssssss

ssssNeed help ? Send me a message, I'll try to help.

www.ifixit.com
Voice your support for the Self-Repair Manifesto!

www.ultimae.com
Panoramic Music for Panoramic People

keithross39
Old
Thanks Meter 1183
Lol.....yeah, that'd be because.......
Tight fitting trousers + contour of wearers butt = phone being bent/twisted into shapes that Sony never intended = dumb s**t user damage.......
As far as I know, nobody has produced a flexible smartphone yet....lmao

Sent from my Markox powered KitKatted S2

Howdoin
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I never gave any credit to those rumors... Until today when the screen of my Z2 just cracked on me.
Phone was in my pocket, I left home for a walk and when I pulled the phone out of my pocket the backglass was completely cracked... I am positive that I did not hit anything or did anything unusual. Pretty passed that it happened to me on a week old phone which I got from Taiwan so no possibility to return/exchange under warranty (I am in the US).

numskull
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithross39 View Post
Lol.....yeah, that'd be because.......
Tight fitting trousers + contour of wearers butt = phone being bent/twisted into shapes that Sony never intended = dumb s**t user damage.......
As far as I know, nobody has produced a flexible smartphone yet....lmao

Sent from my Markox powered KitKatted S2
Ummmmm what about the lg flex???? Seriously tho, i wouldnt worry, i know its different glass but ive had a galaxy note for the last 2 years, lives in my back pocket, only damaged the screen once, damaged digitizer by throwing phone at wall, then broke lcd while attempting to remove the digitizer....... unless you're extremely heavy i doubt it'd be an issue

Chad_Petree
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howdoin View Post
I never gave any credit to those rumors... Until today when the screen of my Z2 just cracked on me.
Phone was in my pocket, I left home for a walk and when I pulled the phone out of my pocket the backglass was completely cracked... I am positive that I did not hit anything or did anything unusual. Pretty passed that it happened to me on a week old phone which I got from Taiwan so no possibility to return/exchange under warranty (I am in the US).
Sorry to hear that in which pocket did you have your phone ? :'(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howdoin View Post

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk