Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 42,007 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How serious is the 'cracking' issue?

Tip us?
 
Sh4dovv
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 40
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default [Q] How serious is the 'cracking' issue?

I am very keen on the Z2 as my first Sony phone but the reports I have read about Z1 phone screens randomly cracking on their own has me worried. How serious is this problem really?

Is this just the 0.1% of phones that the people are complaining about? Or is it more than that. I am assuming the screen used on the Z2 is the same as predecessors.
 
nikola1970
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 136
Join Date: Feb 2012
Screen on the Z2 is not the same as one on the Z1, and personally i think that cracking screen problem is weird, and i not believe it.
 
Sh4dovv
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 40
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikola1970 View Post
Screen on the Z2 is not the same as one on the Z1, and personally i think that cracking screen problem is weird, and i not believe it.
I know the technology behind the glass is different, but are you sure the glass itself is different?

9 page thread about the issue on Sony forums [cannot post links yet ]
 
nikola1970
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 136
Join Date: Feb 2012
You should really not worry about that "cracking" problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to nikola1970 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
x102x96x
Old
#5  
x102x96x's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 278
Posts: 1,272
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Linux

 
DONATE TO ME
Info 2 i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh4dovv View Post
I am very keen on the Z2 as my first Sony phone but the reports I have read about Z1 phone screens randomly cracking on their own has me worried. How serious is this problem really?

Is this just the 0.1% of phones that the people are complaining about? Or is it more than that. I am assuming the screen used on the Z2 is the same as predecessors.
hehe yeah shatter proof screen will crack without ANY reason!
no reason but maybe some a**h*** sit on phone and then report nothing happened for warranty and etc.

think little bit logical! is it possible that a slim glass crack by itself without any reason? NO
so dragontile glass also won't crack by itself!
 
Java.Symbian.WP8.iOS4/5/6/7
Android; Fy \GB \ICS \JB \KK \CustomROM
Devices; Nexus \Xperia \Galaxy \LG \htc \Lenovo
./Android-Ubuntu Programming

>>> XperiaSmallApp & GalaxyMultiWindow & All-Device <<<
>>> AndroidWear <<<

SonyXperiaZ2; D6503/.314
SamsungGalaxyNoteIII
;
N900 /ND1
GoogleNexus5; D821 | MultiROM
UbuntuTouch & CM11 (In Use)
GoogleNexus7
;
Grouper | MultiROM
BT5 & CM11 (In Use)





 
Akiainavas
Old
#6  
Akiainavas's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 355
Posts: 1,156
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Basingstoke

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikola1970 View Post
You should really not worry about that "cracking" problem.
There's been a scientifically proven discovery that connected cracking screen phenomenon to wearing a very tight pair of slim chino jeans...



Xperia Z2ssssssssssss


ssssNeed help ? Send me a message, I'll try to help.

www.ifixit.com
Voice your support for the Self-Repair Manifesto!

www.ultimae.com
Panoramic Music for Panoramic People

 
keithross39
Old
#7  
keithross39's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1183
Posts: 1,967
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Oxford
Lol.....yeah, that'd be because.......
Tight fitting trousers + contour of wearers butt = phone being bent/twisted into shapes that Sony never intended = dumb s**t user damage.......
As far as I know, nobody has produced a flexible smartphone yet....lmao

Sent from my Markox powered KitKatted S2
 
Howdoin
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 16
Join Date: Apr 2014
I never gave any credit to those rumors... Until today when the screen of my Z2 just cracked on me.
Phone was in my pocket, I left home for a walk and when I pulled the phone out of my pocket the backglass was completely cracked... I am positive that I did not hit anything or did anything unusual. Pretty passed that it happened to me on a week old phone which I got from Taiwan so no possibility to return/exchange under warranty (I am in the US).
 
numskull
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 175
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithross39 View Post
Lol.....yeah, that'd be because.......
Tight fitting trousers + contour of wearers butt = phone being bent/twisted into shapes that Sony never intended = dumb s**t user damage.......
As far as I know, nobody has produced a flexible smartphone yet....lmao

Sent from my Markox powered KitKatted S2
Ummmmm what about the lg flex???? Seriously tho, i wouldnt worry, i know its different glass but ive had a galaxy note for the last 2 years, lives in my back pocket, only damaged the screen once, damaged digitizer by throwing phone at wall, then broke lcd while attempting to remove the digitizer....... unless you're extremely heavy i doubt it'd be an issue
 
Chad_Petree
Old
#10  
Chad_Petree's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 163
Posts: 2,354
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Berlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howdoin View Post
I never gave any credit to those rumors... Until today when the screen of my Z2 just cracked on me.
Phone was in my pocket, I left home for a walk and when I pulled the phone out of my pocket the backglass was completely cracked... I am positive that I did not hit anything or did anything unusual. Pretty passed that it happened to me on a week old phone which I got from Taiwan so no possibility to return/exchange under warranty (I am in the US).
Sorry to hear that in which pocket did you have your phone ? :'(





Quote:
Originally Posted by Howdoin View Post
I never gave any credit to those rumors... Until today when the screen of my Z2 just cracked on me.
Phone was in my pocket, I left home for a walk and when I pulled the phone out of my pocket the backglass was completely cracked... I am positive that I did not hit anything or did anything unusual. Pretty passed that it happened to me on a week old phone which I got from Taiwan so no possibility to return/exchange under warranty (I am in the US).


Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes