FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

[Q] Samsung Gear can't go to Recovery Mode

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By trandai09, Junior Member on 1st April 2014, 04:07 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi,
i got problem when root samsung galaxy gear. i can't go to Recovery Mode by Press and hold the power button for 3 seconds to select Recovery Mode.

how can i go to recovery mode and install rom?

please help me
 
 
1st April 2014, 04:36 AM |#2  
Muffycheeks's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 135
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trandai09

Hi,
i got problem when root samsung galaxy gear. i can't go to Recovery Mode by Press and hold the power button for 3 seconds to select Recovery Mode.

how can i go to recovery mode and install rom?

please help me


Do you have a custom recovery?
1st April 2014, 06:40 AM |#4  
animatechnica's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Freakmont
Thanks Meter: 151
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trandai09

Hi,
i got problem when root samsung galaxy gear. i can't go to Recovery Mode by Press and hold the power button for 3 seconds to select Recovery Mode.

how can i go to recovery mode and install rom?

please help me

Seems to be missing some steps
First hold power button until you see power off/restart option, dont release power button instead keep holding power button until you see 'rebooting...' message, then release button,wait until recovery is shown then use power button to step through the options. Once recovery is highlighted, press and hold power button again for about 3 seconds to select that option.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk
2nd April 2014, 06:17 AM |#5  
DrNicket's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Burnaby
Thanks Meter: 1
 
Donate to Me
More
Still missing step(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by animatechnica

Seems to be missing some steps
First hold power button until you see power off/restart option,
dont release power button instead keep holding power button until you see 'rebooting...' message, then release button,

Now start tapping the power button 3-5 times fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by animatechnica

wait until recovery is shown then use power button to step through the options.

simply pressing power at this stage will just reboot (continue). You need to either press and hold power for a beat or rapid press to get it to jump to next option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by animatechnica

Once recovery is highlighted, press and hold power button again for about 3 seconds to select that option.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

That should get you there.


Good luck!
3rd April 2014, 02:34 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffycheeks

Do you have a custom recovery?

I have custom recovery and install to gear already.
3rd April 2014, 02:46 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNicket

Now start tapping the power button 3-5 times fast.



simply pressing power at this stage will just reboot (continue). You need to either press and hold power for a beat or rapid press to get it to jump to next option.



That should get you there.


Good luck!

i did but after press power to highlight recovery mode and press power 3 second gear appear "installing system apdate". after that the gear go to normal mode mean touch dock to connect to phone
10th April 2014, 06:43 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trandai09

i did but after press power to highlight recovery mode and press power 3 second gear appear "installing system apdate". after that the gear go to normal mode mean touch dock to connect to phone

The same thing happened to me, i think its happened because we have to downgrade our gear, i dont know


Enviado desde mi SM-N900P mediante Tapatalk
21st May 2014, 01:57 AM |#9  
DrNicket's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Burnaby
Thanks Meter: 1
 
Donate to Me
More
You just have to keep tapping
1st June 2014, 06:20 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
the same problem here i have rooted the gear flashed the recovery file with Odin and installed the null_27 .zip with wondershare evertime i put the gear into recovery it reverts to installing system update i have tried these procedures at least 6 times still no go my gear is on a V700XXUBNC1 software anyone with a solution
cheers
Steve
2nd June 2014, 05:54 AM |#11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by inuitsdh

the same problem here i have rooted the gear flashed the recovery file with Odin and installed the null_27 .zip with wondershare evertime i put the gear into recovery it reverts to installing system update i have tried these procedures at least 6 times still no go my gear is on a V700XXUBNC1 software anyone with a solution
cheers
Steve

For starters, 27 is ancient; you need null 23
Check the tutorial threads on how to get things working. All your answers are there

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes