[Q] BACKDOOR / KEYLOGGER in SmartPhone - PLEASE HELP! ! !

Search This thread

isabelamoisin

Mar 28, 2014
Please give me Feedback, and leave a comment.

If is here someone who know a lawyer which know very good the European Union Communication Laws, please show it to him this thread.
An USA lawyer will be also welcomed.

I feel so betrayed an violated by Sony Mobile as It is confirmed from few moments ago, that the original software of the phone (the software keyboard which is called Xperia Keyboard) is sending information into the internet.

No matter where I type (SMS, EMAIL - username, password, BANK APPLICATION, etc. and what I type (characters, numbers etc.), the Keyboard is connecting to the internet.

Is this legal? Why should I encrypt the phone if it is already having a backdoor, spyware, adware, keylogger, swipelogger installed by the manufacturer?

I did a Factory Reset of the phone and I let the default settings on it.

I did NOT installed any other app just the internet-monitoring app called NoRoot Firewall which was downloaded previously from google play then scanned with virustotal.com site and installed from a direct weblink which I have .

I did NOT configured/altered any other setting.

The phone is NOT ROOTED! Original Sony Software I just buy-ed few weeks ago.

I will attach the prinstcreens in the next post.

Oh, I know that I don't have so many posts here, and "reputation" as I am not a phone developer, and I just buyed this phone, I had no problems with it so far, but it is the real thing, the Sony Xperia Keyboard is "infected" as is sending information over the internet as the words are typed, and I don't find that this is a Normal Thing to happen!

Edit:

You can try on your own cellphone to see if the keyboard is sending information over the internet.
It seems that my cellphone dose. It is not respecting my privacy and intimity,
is curios about the passwords I type and so on.

I did it in this Scenario:

1) Go to google play store, download NoRoot Firewall made by Grey Shirts.

I personally prefer Mobiwol, as it has feauters like "background data", but in this moment is missing the feauture to "ask" what app can connect. In the future I will use only Mobiwol, but this time for tracking software/debug NoRoot Firewall will be just fine.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=app.greyshirts.firewall

2) Extract the .apk of the app, and transfer it to the pc / email / cloud. I used wuala.

3) I scanned the app with virustotal.com to assure that it is passing the antivirus/antimalware test.
In the Official Google Play store I have found malicious software by the way with another ocasions like searching for a simple file manager.

4) I did a Factory Reset (on my Phone is Settings>Backup & Reset>I unchecked "backup my data" and checked "Erase Internal Storage"

5) After the phone deleted all the stuff which I had, like sms/contacts/apps etc, and finished of rebooting,
I opened Google Chrome which is build in, and downloaded from the cloud previously saved .APK of NoRoot Firewall && Installed && Started

I have NOT LOGGED INTO ANY GOOGLE SERVICES.

6) I have opened the SMS text, and I saw that the Xperia Keyboard is trying to connect to the internet.

7) I did the same steps from 1 to 6, that means a Second Factory Reset, but this time I Opened the Email Client which is build into the phone instead of opening the Text Sms, and gived username and password.

THIS IS HAPPENING ONLY WITH SONY XPERIA BUILD IN KEYBOARD.

WHEN I INSTALLED ANOTHER KEYBOARD FROM THE MARKED IT DIDN'T REQUEST FOR INTERNET ACCES.

MAYBE OTHER SMARTPHONES HAVE KEYBOARD WITH THE SAME BEHAVIOUR.

If you are having free times on your hand and have backed up the contacts & apps, give it a try and reproduce my scenario.

MY PERSONAL CONCLUSION / VIEW IS THAT SONY XPERIA L IS HAVING A BACKDOOR, THE DEFAULT SOFTWARE IS "INFECTED" WITH AD-WARE/SPYWARE AS IT NEEDS INTERNET CONNECTION FOR WRINTING A SIMPLE SMS TEXT MESSAGE ! ! !

I AM HOPING THAT THIS IS A BUG OR ERROR.

i57.tinypic.com/250jalc.png

i57.tinypic.com/v45enc.png

i57.tinypic.com/97pv8x.png

i60.tinypic.com/uyp8o.png

i62.tinypic.com/2iu29g0.png

i58.tinypic.com/2q1bdwk.png

i61.tinypic.com/2ur9wmh.png

i59.tinypic.com/162g06.png

i62.tinypic.com/vy3vwl.png

This was taken From step 1 to 6(sms), the rest are from step 1 to 7(email) but skipped 6 (sms)

i60.tinypic.com/28h09ee.png

i62.tinypic.com/mcdys8.png

i60.tinypic.com/332x8b8.png

As I am new here, and I had not made yet 10 post, I can not emmbed pics in my post or upload print-screens, as
the message board said that text from below so I removed the " http " so for now, just select the text an "open in new tab"

" To prevent spam on the XDA forums, ALL new users prevented from posting outside links in their messages. After approximately 10 posts, you will be able to post outside links. Thank you for understanding!"

Last edited:
Reactions: doctortonic

doctortonic

Mar 2, 2014
Thanks!

Thanks for the info, I have the same cellphone, I will give it a test these days and report back if my phone is sending information over the internet

If is here someone who know a lawyer which know very good the European Union Communication Laws, please show it to him this thread.

I feel so betrayed an violated by Sony Mobile as It is confirmed from few moments ago, that the original software of the phone (the software keyboard which is called Xperia Keyboard) is sending information into the internet.

No matter where I type (SMS, EMAIL - username, password, BANK APPLICATION, etc. and what I type (characters, numbers etc.), the Keyboard is connecting to the internet.

Is this legal? Why should I encrypt the phone if it is already having a backdoor, spyware, adware, keylogger, swipelogger installed by the manufacturer?

I did NOT installed any other app just the internet-monitoring app called NoRoot Firewall which was downloaded previously from google play then scanned with virustotal.com site and installed from a direct weblink which I have .

Oh, I know that I don't have so many posts here, and "reputation" as I am not a phone developer, and I just buyed this phone, I had no problems with it so far, but it is the real thing, the Sony Xperia Keyboard is "infected" as is sending information over the internet as the words are typed, and I don't find that this is a Normal Thing to happen!

Edit:

You can try on your own cellphone to see if the keyboard is sending information over the internet.

I personally prefer Mobiwol, as it has feauters like "background data", but in this moment is missing the feauture to "ask" what app can connect. In the future I will use only Mobiwol, but this time for tracking software/debug NoRoot Firewall will be just fine.

2) Extract the .apk of the app, and transfer it to the pc / email / cloud. I used wuala.

3) I scanned the app with virustotal.com to assure that it is passing the antivirus/antimalware test.
In the Official Google Play store I have found malicious software by the way with another ocasions like searching for a simple file manager.

4) I did a Factory Reset (on my Phone is Settings>Backup & Reset>I unchecked "backup my data" and checked "Erase Internal Storage"

5) After the phone deleted all the stuff which I had, like sms/contacts/apps etc, and finished of rebooting,
I opened Google Chrome which is build in, and downloaded from the cloud previously saved .APK of NoRoot Firewall && Installed && Started

6) I have opened the SMS text, and I saw that the Xperia Keyboard is trying to connect to the internet.

7) I did the same steps from 1 to 6, that means a Second Factory Reset, but this time I Opened the Email Client which is build into the phone instead of opening the Text Sms, and gived username and password.

WHEN I INSTALLED ANOTHER KEYBOARD FROM THE MARKED IT DIDN'T REQUEST FOR INTERNET ACCES.

If you are having free times on your hand and have backed up the contacts & apps, give it a try and reproduce my scenario.

MY PERSONAL CONCLUSION / VIEW IS THAT SONY XPERIA L IS HAVING A BACKDOOR, THE DEFAULT SOFTWARE IS "INFECTED" WITH AD-WARE/SPYWARE AS IT NEEDS INTERNET CONNECTION FOR WRINTING A SIMPLE SMS TEXT MESSAGE ! ! !

This was taken From step 1 to 6(sms), the rest are from step 1 to 7(email) but skipped 6 (sms)

As I am new here, and I had not made yet 10 post, I can not emmbed pics in my post or upload print-screens, as
the message board said that text from below so I removed the " http " so for now, just select the text an "open in new tab"

" To prevent spam on the XDA forums, ALL new users prevented from posting outside links in their messages. After approximately 10 posts, you will be able to post outside links. Thank you for understanding!"

isabelamoisin

Mar 28, 2014
I had played a little with the keyboard from Settings > Language & Input.

I had unchecked all the options that I could find regarding word suggestions, spelling correction, dictionaries and such,
For a moment it had seem that the keyboard has "chilled down" a little bit, but after a reboot, and when configuring the build in email,
when entering the username and password I had another notice and another log from the NoRoot Firewall, with the same message,

"Internet acess detected - Xperia Keyboard 1 pending acces to 173.194.70.139:80 fa-in-f139.1e100.net"

I know that the adress that xperia keyboard is trying to connect, is google.

But I don't wish to send info out on the internet while typing stuff, who is wishing for that?
I don't even have an guarantee that the info which is sending is in an encrypted protocol.
Anyway, I do't wish to send info to Google on what I type on my phone, it is my own personal life and intellectual property.

Word suggestion worked pretty good while offline, with no data and no wifi on.

If it is because of some word suggestion feature I hope that Sony will illuminate me with the exact steps on how to stop this keyboard for sending info out in the wild and "phoning home", maybe I skipped some word suggestion setting by mistake or is well hidden.

nikunj.baheti@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2013
mumbai
I had played a little with the keyboard from Settings > Language & Input.

I had unchecked all the options that I could find regarding word suggestions, spelling correction, dictionaries and such,
For a moment it had seem that the keyboard has "chilled down" a little bit, but after a reboot, and when configuring the build in email,
when entering the username and password I had another notice and another log from the NoRoot Firewall, with the same message,

"Internet acess detected - Xperia Keyboard 1 pending acces to 173.194.70.139:80 fa-in-f139.1e100.net"

I know that the adress that xperia keyboard is trying to connect, is google.

But I don't wish to send info out on the internet while typing stuff, who is wishing for that?
I don't even have an guarantee that the info which is sending is in an encrypted protocol.
Anyway, I do't wish to send info to Google on what I type on my phone, it is my own personal life and intellectual property.

Word suggestion worked pretty good while offline, with no data and no wifi on.

If it is because of some word suggestion feature I hope that Sony will illuminate me with the exact steps on how to stop this keyboard for sending info out in the wild and "phoning home", maybe I skipped some word suggestion setting by mistake or is well hidden.

hey bro you can try toggling with the settings a more and carefully ticking options only which you understand

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Edit: