Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Possible bug with Home button setting

OP Bachatu

31st March 2014, 03:06 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 247

428 posts
It sounds like these are settings left over from the M7, which didn't have on-screen buttons and long press home was needed for menu and double tapping the home button was needed for recent apps. Sounds like they forgot to remove the setting when they switched to on screen buttons.
1st April 2014, 04:16 AM   |  #12  
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 10,649

11,758 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahecht

It sounds like these are settings left over from the M7, which didn't have on-screen buttons and long press home was needed for menu and double tapping the home button was needed for recent apps. Sounds like they forgot to remove the setting when they switched to on screen buttons.

So if this is in fact the case, where is my Menu button? I can't get to the settings in ES File Explorer without a Menu button.
1st April 2014, 04:33 AM   |  #13  

428 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

So if this is in fact the case, where is my Menu button? I can't get to the settings in ES File Explorer without a Menu button.

The menu button shows up for me correctly in legacy apps. This is the correct behavior per http://android-developers.blogspot.c...utton.html?m=1

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1396319594238.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	2661791

If ES File Explorer is setting the SDK version to 11 or higher and not providing an action overflow or other on screen way to access the menu then that is a bug with that program.

EDIT: In ES File Explorer, click on the button in the upper right to slide out the "Fast Access" panel. There is a settings button at the bottom of the panel.
Last edited by ahecht; 1st April 2014 at 04:37 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ahecht For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st April 2014, 05:03 AM   |  #14  
Recognized Themer
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 969

1,388 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahecht

The menu button shows up for me correctly in legacy apps. This is the correct behavior per http://android-developers.blogspot.c...utton.html?m=1

Attachment 2661791

If ES File Explorer is setting the SDK version to 11 or higher and not providing an action overflow or other on screen way to access the menu then that is a bug with that program.

EDIT: In ES File Explorer, click on the button in the upper right to slide out the "Fast Access" panel. There is a settings button at the bottom of the panel.

Top left works too
1st April 2014, 05:19 AM   |  #15  

428 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeggy929

Top left works too

You're correct, of course. When I was writing that I had already pressed the button, causing it to move to the upper right when the panel slid out.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread