CoverBot QuickWindow Case - Review

OP abrigham

1st April 2014, 06:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Pensacola, FL
Thanks Meter: 2

74 posts
More
I've had my Sprint LG G2 for a few weeks now, and just recently picked up the CoverBot QuickWindow case for it off of Amazon. My initial impressions were very positive.

First off, it has a hard shell backing that snaps to the back of the phone. This is what holds the case on. The outside material of the case has a nice feel too it and provides some grip. There is also a magnetic flap closure, which is nice. The inside is soft which helps prevent scratching.

The case is overall quite slim, not adding much bulk to the phone at all. When it's closed, the phone has no trouble sensing it and switching to the QuickWindow view.

My only complaints are that it really doesn't work as a stand the way they advertise. When in "stand mode" the edge of the phone lays against the inside of the cover. Now, as I mentioned before, the inside of the cover is soft faux-suede, so it just slides down. If you fold the flap closure over, it does provide a bit of an indentation for the phone to sit in, but it still isn't very stable. My other problem is the magnet...

The magnet in the front cover that triggers the QuickView to be exact. I guess perhaps it's too strong, but it severely interferes with the compass in several apps. Very noticeable is Monocle feature in Yelp and similar AR apps. Google Maps doesn't seem affected, though. Maybe those apps just crank up the sensitivity too high, but the case does make those types of apps almost unusable.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
case, coverbot, quickwindow
Previous Thread Next Thread