Free Online Mobile Development Courses (Java, Android, etc.)

Search This thread

asusta

Jun 18, 2013
Udacity and Coursera Courses

Udacity and Coursera now have courses on Mobile Development:

Programming Mobile Applications for Android Handheld Systems will start in a week at coursera

Mobile Web Development at udacity

Reactions: pakopac

tacotester1

Feb 4, 2014
east l a
Found this putzing around the internet at work. Very engaging lectures, never talks in monotone, and explains things in a simple to understand format.
From Stanford, almost all the material is provided (lectures, handouts, assignments, exams, etc), and all the videos are downloadable through iTunes or YouTube.

Not android specific, but gives a solid groundwork on the Java platform.

Best of all... FREE :D

awesome i have watched these they are great this teacher is pretty cool!
thanks for sharing

i need to refresh on this

Apr 17, 2014
Baltmore
jmurach's android programming is a pretty good textbook for those who wish to have access to the table of contents and physical paper.

point your browser to this site and check out the download files (reccomended after some JAVA experience and getting the book)

http://www.murach.com/downloads/andp.htm

I really like Lynda.com.

Although it doesn't offer any JAVA, if you want to find some great courses in Javascript,PHP or similar check out:
http://www.w3schools.com/

rnaka530

Nov 13, 2013
San Diego
www.rennakanote.com
I really like Lynda.com.

Although it doesn't offer any JAVA, if you want to find some great courses in Javascript,PHP or similar check out:
http://www.w3schools.com/

Yeah!

I agree, and used w3schools for a lot of quick reference, especially for html / css when i was starting out. Now if I ever want to do anything on the front-end for web development i like and was trained on the Twitterbootstrap.

I am currently working on a location based android application for a software arts class at school so I am now wish me luck!

:laugh:

karansehgal

Aug 5, 2014
chandigarh
www.wiziq.com
Learn Java online with Spring, Hibernate, Webservices & more!!

i strongly recommend this WizIQ course (wiziq.com/course/25894) which helps you to Complete Java Primer online course is specifically designed for high school and college students for their internship and project work; and for building a sound foundation in java programming. The training and project work will be up to the level of final year B.Tech. project.
This course includes both core java and advance java,,

appjunior

Aug 2, 2014
Courses

Hi,

I have tried Adobe online App Design free - that was good. Gave me a little taste.

Trying Code Academy, but I am so slow with it.

Currently learning web development with Rob Percival Udemy course. His tutorials are very good.
Contributed with Kickstarter his other course - An online course to teach anyone how to code by building real apps (like Instagram and Snapchat clones) for iOS8 using XCode and Swift that will be starting later on this month.

:D

seric2167

Oct 6, 2014
One Solution for Online Courses

I want to recommend this site- intellipaat[dot]com for online courses. It is "one stop, training shop" for high end technical training.

andr0id3r

Aug 16, 2014
droid-toolbox.com
Here are links to several free online courses designed to help you learn mobile development. Reply here if you know of any good ones that I missed. If you have comments or experiences to share about any of these, please start a new thread to discuss.

Computer Science 164: Mobile Software Engineering” is a Harvard University course using Javascript, HTML5, Objective-C, and PHP, and to teach you how to build mobile web apps (along with some native iOS development). The online course includes all video lectures, study sessions, slides, source code, etc. This is the follow-up to another Harvard class available online: “CS 50 – Introduction to Computer Science”.

Computer Science E-76: Building Mobile Applications”, a Harvard University Extension course, covers Android and iOS, including writing native apps for Android using Eclipse and the Android SDK. Lecture 2 is a Java primer and lectures 3 – 6 cover aspects of Android development.

Google’s Android development training course includes ten modules covering everything from graphics and animation to security and monetization.

Introduction to Programming in Java” is an MIT OpenCourseware class offering lecture notes and downloads of java programming assignments. You can see a full list of free MIT online comp sci courses here.

Android Application Development” was taught at CalPoly in Summer 2010. Not as complete as some of the Harvard courses, the site offers basic instruction on building basic apps.

Neither Udacity or Coursera has a mobile-specific course yet, but both include amazing classes on web application development.

Codeacademy offers several courses on web and application (non-mobile) development. Topics include PHP, jQuery, JavaScript, Python, and Ruby.

"The Java Tutorials" on Oracle's site are about general Java development and are not Android-specific.

XDA’s “How to Build an Android App” series by Adam Outler.

Treehouse Library beginner courses teach you how to build simple apps.

Which one would you suggest for a non beginner programmer?

PSNAppZ

Oct 17, 2014
Mavelikara
www.thepsnappz.me
You tube tutorials

Hello,
There are many videos available in youtube for android app development.I suggest Newboston video series they are very simple and easy for beginners.
They have also an official website which has almost all language tutorial series for beginners to experts.There is also a forum which users can ask questions regarding programing.

Thank you,
PSN

Lee Thomas

Feb 3, 2016
I am planning to build my career in the software field. One of my friends suggested Cestar college in Toronto for doing mobile application development course[/URL]. How hard will be the course to study? Does anyone know about it?

corp24

Feb 26, 2016
Thanks Everyone for the top notch advise :D:D

Hope i can get through all the great material...:laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here are links to several free online courses designed to help you learn mobile development. Reply here if you know of any good ones that I missed. If you have comments or experiences to share about any of these, please start a new thread to discuss.

Computer Science 164: Mobile Software Engineering” is a Harvard University course using Javascript, HTML5, Objective-C, and PHP, and to teach you how to build mobile web apps (along with some native iOS development). The online course includes all video lectures, study sessions, slides, source code, etc. This is the follow-up to another Harvard class available online: “CS 50 – Introduction to Computer Science”.

Computer Science E-76: Building Mobile Applications”, a Harvard University Extension course, covers Android and iOS, including writing native apps for Android using Eclipse and the Android SDK. Lecture 2 is a Java primer and lectures 3 – 6 cover aspects of Android development.

Google’s Android development training course includes ten modules covering everything from graphics and animation to security and monetization.

Introduction to Programming in Java” is an MIT OpenCourseware class offering lecture notes and downloads of java programming assignments. You can see a full list of free MIT online comp sci courses here.

Android Application Development” was taught at CalPoly in Summer 2010. Not as complete as some of the Harvard courses, the site offers basic instruction on building basic apps.

Neither Udacity or Coursera has a mobile-specific course yet, but both include amazing classes on web application development.

Codeacademy offers several courses on web and application (non-mobile) development. Topics include PHP, jQuery, JavaScript, Python, and Ruby.

"The Java Tutorials" on Oracle's site are about general Java development and are not Android-specific.

XDA’s “How to Build an Android App” series by Adam Outler.

Treehouse Library beginner courses teach you how to build simple apps.
    For Android App development, I would strongly advise:

The New Boston - Android Tutorials

For Java basics:

The New Boston - Java Tutorials

The tutorials are done by Bucky and Travis and these guys are very good. They take you through the learning step by step.

Also. When you come across problems, the main Android Developers site is very good, but I've also found Stack Overflow very helpful.

I started using the tutorials with no Android or Java knowledge at all and I've used what I have learned to make a couple of basic soundboards so far and other bits and pieces, but what they teach you gives you the potential for a lot more.

You can see the apps I've made Here (Google Play) and Here.
    great android app developement youtube tutorial series

This guy is awesome!

His rapid for style allows us to learn more in a shorter amount of time, without dieing of boredom.

The tutorials were designed to familiarize us with the basics in the beginning, then to help us gain and retain a better understanding of how to develope apps.

You may feel overwhelmed by all of the information being shot of at you at such a rapid fire rate, but rest assured that as you progress through the series, things will make more and more sense to you.

I highly recommend that anybody that is new to developing Android apps, or that anyone who wants a refresher course, that doesn't feel like being bored out of their mind by long, drawn out, agonizing courses, check this out.!

Here's the link to the entire Android app developement tutorials.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boj0f_O3i88&list=PLGLfVvz_LVvQUjiCc8lUT9aO0GsWA4uNe

Enjoy!
    You tube tutorials

Hello,
    There are many videos available in youtube for android app development.I suggest Newboston video series they are very simple and easy for beginners.
    They have also an official website which has almost all language tutorial series for beginners to experts.There is also a forum which users can ask questions regarding programing.

Thank you,
    PSN
    This one's good for both C and C++
    http://www.cprogramming.com/

And this one for C, pretty well explained and my favourite :)
    http://www.howstuffworks.com/c.htm