5,606,722 Members 37,039 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Did this recovery helps you to successful boot of KITKAT
YES 7 100.00%
NO 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

[RECOVERY] New CWM Recovery v6.0.4.6 for LG-P500 (CM11, CM10+) ROM flashable)

Tip us?

ibub
Old
Thanks Meter 1265
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbonilla51 View Post
Hi,

I read elsewhere in the p500 forums that p500 custom ROMS should work fine on p509 models (LG Optimus T). Can the same be said about the CWM? Or would this need some experimenting from my part? Thanks!
Yeah, I've been running p500 roms and recoveries for about 18 months now. This recovery works fine on my P509. As p509 comes with Android 2.2 it has old baseband, so network on most newer roms may not work. But there is an easy fix. Also may have trouble flashing some roms due to failsafe assert statements in updater scripts which, by design, do not allow flashing a rom to an incorrect device. But due to a previous upgrade to official gingerbread (Android 2.3), my P509 thinks it's a p500. This also gave my phone the new baseband. As far as I know, the only difference between them is the firmware.

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ibub For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ghostswagking
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibub View Post
Yeah, I've been running p500 roms and recoveries for about 18 months now. This recovery works fine on my P509. As p509 comes with Android 2.2 it has old baseband, so network on most newer roms may not work. But there is an easy fix. Also may have trouble flashing some roms due to failsafe assert statements in updater scripts which, by design, do not allow flashing a rom to an incorrect device. But due to a previous upgrade to official gingerbread (Android 2.3), my P509 thinks it's a p500. This also gave my phone the new baseband. As far as I know, the only difference between them is the firmware.

It doesnt work for my lg optimus vm670 running a thunderc custom recovery. Everytime i try i just get a black screen

ghostswagking
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have been going in and out of all of these forums looking for a recovery that boots kitkat that works on my optimus vm670 so far everything is a blackscreen.

ibub
Old
Thanks Meter 1265
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostswagking View Post
It doesnt work for my lg optimus vm670 running a thunderc custom recovery. Everytime i try i just get a black screen
My guess is that your phone probably uses different display drivers.

The Following User Says Thank You to ibub For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ghostswagking
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibub View Post
My guess is that your phone probably uses different display drivers.

How would one fix that, and if it can't be fixed is there a link for the vm670 to get cwm 6.0.4.5?

ibub
Old
(Last edited by ibub; 19th March 2014 at 09:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1265
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostswagking View Post
How would one fix that, and if it can't be fixed is there a link for the vm670 to get cwm 6.0.4.5?
Must be compiled with rom, using your device tree. Hephappy also took out several things to make the image small enough to fit our recovery partition. Also had to make many changes to properly mount SD and sdext.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ibub For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rahulsby
Old
Thanks Meter 503

DONATE TO ME
Thanks @mukulsoni, downloading :beer::beer:

Sent from my P2 using xda app-developers app
If you think I have helped you in anyway, just HIT THE THANKS BUTTON
Ask Me Anything Related To Font & Complex Script Rendering! My Mini Gapp for android 4.2.2 My Mini Gapp Android 4.3

The Following User Says Thank You to rahulsby For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]