5,594,151 Members 46,539 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

best rom cm9 / cm10 / cm11? battery friendly?

Tip us?

quanlim
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Just wondering, since Kitkat is optimise for low RAM, does cm9 consume large amount of ram?

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 299

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwenzhao View Post
Apparently Google claimed that 4.4 KitKat is designed for low-end phones. So use CM11

P.S. Time for school, not much time for XDA
For me DarkCM11 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2618851 works pretty good. I use KhaN Kernel v1.5 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2593327 and its runs pretty fluently + battery life is good

Prel!m
Old
(Last edited by Prel!m; 30th March 2014 at 11:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwenzhao View Post
Apparently Google claimed that 4.4 KitKat is designed for low-end phones. So use CM11
Im confused, I still see many reports indicating high battery drain on CM11.

btw, currently using "CM09 (EOL final) + Hurtsky's Kernel REV10" but want to know if I would have better options for extended battery performance.

thanks in advance, regards

Sirvanparaste
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Problem with installing khan kernel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD View Post
For me DarkCM11 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2618851 works pretty good. I use KhaN Kernel v1.5 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2593327 and its runs pretty fluently + battery life is good
Hi, I am new to installing ROM, I have study about 3 days and decided to apply darkCM11 with khan kernel, as you mentioned,
I installed CM11 and it worked, but The device was warm and battery drained fast, I installed it again with following tuterials and format sdcard0 this time, it get better but the main problem is to install/flash another kernel or update like khan kernel or philz touch, they are failed with status 7 ,
I tried to removed assert line from updater_script but it didn't work, It seems the os is now heavier than these works and I am confused right now,
please help me :
1- what to do first, should I install CM11 from scratch ?
2- for istalling khan kernel should I install Philz touch? and if so, what I should to do with the status 7 problem
I have installed CMR 6.0.4.5 and it works,

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 299

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirvanparaste View Post
Hi, I am new to installing ROM, I have study about 3 days and decided to apply darkCM11 with khan kernel, as you mentioned,
I installed CM11 and it worked, but The device was warm and battery drained fast, I installed it again with following tuterials and format sdcard0 this time, it get better but the main problem is to install/flash another kernel or update like khan kernel or philz touch, they are failed with status 7 ,
I tried to removed assert line from updater_script but it didn't work, It seems the os is now heavier than these works and I am confused right now,
please help me :
1- what to do first, should I install CM11 from scratch ?
2- for istalling khan kernel should I install Philz touch? and if so, what I should to do with the status 7 problem
I have installed CMR 6.0.4.5 and it works,
Still got issues?

I can send you instructions via pm. Just tell me if you need...
HTC One S @ TwistedKat 2.6 + IceCode Kernel v3.3 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - SuperCID - NO "tampered & warning text" // PhilZ CWM 6.19.3

Samsung Galaxy W @ Mokee OS 04/11 + KhaN Kernel v2.0 - 362MB // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...