Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,480 Members 53,525 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Minor Annoyances about HTC and ATT!

Tip us?

rahtrip
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Default Minor Annoyances about HTC and ATT!

Don't get me wrong I love my phone. But just had to quickly get this off my chest. Minor annoyances.

1. Only the international/developer version gets the HTC Silicone case for the M8 in box. Why not make that standard across all models? This is a beautiful case, my friend works for Verizon Wireless as an Engineer/IT and when we met up a couple of times around January-end to Feb I saw that he had this phone with him trying to test it in real life settings on their network. His case came with the phone in the box. I thought that the case fit well with the phone and the color scheme worked well also. I was praying and hoping that this was the case across US Carriers.

2. No free google drive space for US Carrier phones? Once again international/developer vs US Carrier bias. What gives HTC?

3. I'm fine with Carrier branding on the back, but why that Ugly crookedly placed Phone ID sticker on the back? I know you can take it off, but just include it in the box and leave it as an option to stick on it yourself or save it for warranty purposes.

4. I hope for once in the future Carrier IQ and Bloatware will be optional or taken out completely. This is where iOS and Apple excels in terms of regulating carrier bloatware on their phones. I know Carrier IQ will be on most phones and hard to track sometimes.

5. ATT please include the Sim card that comes with the phone in the shipped box and dont open my phone prior to shipping and put it in there for me. Now I know why the phone was scratched on the corners and by the Sim Door. SMH...

That is all, sorry had to vent. Lol...

Z51
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Mine came out flawless from the box. My SIM wasn't installed either.....

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

HTC One M8 (Gold)
Galaxy S5 (Gold)
OnePlus One (SandStone Black)
The Following User Says Thank You to Z51 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rahtrip
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51 View Post

haha yea same with my friend, his wasnt installed for him prior to shipping. idk y me...fml haha

Z51
Old
Thanks Meter 62
I broke the seals on the box myself. The jerks at best buy wanted to do it and I said NO lol. Mine mine mine

HTC One M8 (Gold)
Galaxy S5 (Gold)
The Following User Says Thank You to Z51 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

crawlgsx
Old
Thanks Meter 269

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

My sim was also pre-installed when it came to me (Shipped direct from AT&T). No scratches/problems with my phone thought, I love it.

I also could care less about the case and Bloat etc... Easy enough to Root and install a ROM without it. Pretty used to this kind of thing by now, not worth fussing over.
Chris D.
AT&T | Moto X
Previously - LG G3, HTC One M8 ,LG G2, Nexus 5, HTC One, BB Z10, Note II, Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 920, ATT GS3, Note N7000, Skyrocket, Infuse 4g, Inspire 4g , Atrix 4g, iPhone 4, iPhone 3gs, iPhone, HTC 8525, many dumb-phones.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crawlgsx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bammeh
Old
Thanks Meter 2
You can still get the Google Drive space. Just call them up.

CraigP17
Old
Thanks Meter 103
I do not really feel your pain on any these. i dont need a silicone case. my sim was preinstalled but no sign of my box being opened, it was sealed. i was under the impression it was part of HTC process in packaging that they has the att sim card in them already. carrier iq who cares. you can get the extra drive space no matter what phone you have. and the sticker on the back? seriously. thats not branding. its not meant to stay on.
HTC One (m8)
www.DroidMatters.com

Find me on

Z51
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bammeh View Post
You can still get the Google Drive space. Just call them up.
Who do we call? Google?

Sent From My HTC M8

HTC One M8 (Gold)
Galaxy S5 (Gold)

Bammeh
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Who do we call? Google?

Sent From My HTC M8
Yup. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2698548 See this thread for more info.

faresrouabah
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default I hate att too

My phone came in perfect condition, but I bought a case for it which ended up scratching it. I would have loved to get this case with it, probably wouldn't be in the position I'm in. Bloatware will continue to be a problem, it's not going away.

AT&T Sucks.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bammeh View Post
Yup. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2698548 See this thread for more info.

Contact HTC through their online chat support. They'll send you an activation email.