Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,543 Members 37,236 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I'm stuck in CWM recovery mode

Tip us?

iMetalliX
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] I'm stuck in CWM recovery mode

Hello,
Yesterday an update came up on my screen, I clicked "Install Now"
The phone restarted into CWM.
I am rooted ofcourse, and I'm really scared for my phone,
Is there anything to be done?

NiZii.
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Which phone do you have?
Your phone is rooted, do you have a stock or custom ROM?

You should provide a little more information so people can help you.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda app-developers app
Rooted HTC One X+
Philz Touch 6.19.3 - ClockWorkMod v6.0.4.7
Custom ROM: CyanogenMod 11 Nightly (KitKat 4.4.2)

iMetalliX
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
LG G2 D802 T-mobile version
umm...I had stock firmware,
Just now i installed CyanogenMod, and still im going back to recovery...

iMetalliX
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
btw, if i have recovery up and working, i shouldn't be madly worried...shoud i?,,

NiZii.
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMetalliX View Post
LG G2 D802 T-mobile version
umm...I had stock firmware,
Just now i installed CyanogenMod, and still im going back to recovery...
You should try to reverse back to stock.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476

I've found that on the forums for LG G2's.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One X+ met Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 AM ----------

Quote:
btw, if i have recovery up and working, i shouldn't be madly worried...shoud i?,,
The only thing you probably have to worry about is the data on your device since it is possible you have to wipe it. No worries on bricked device.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One X+ met Tapatalk
Rooted HTC One X+
Philz Touch 6.19.3 - ClockWorkMod v6.0.4.7
Custom ROM: CyanogenMod 11 Nightly (KitKat 4.4.2)

mackster248
Old
Thanks Meter 648

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
No. But it looks like you flashed a borked file. Maybe the CM you installed has a wrong MD5, or you might have flashed a CM that's for a different G2. Either way, you can either push a new ROM zip into your phone to flash, or KDZ back to stock like the guy above me said. Good luck!

And don't worry, your phone is completely fine. But this should be a lesson to always perform a backup before ANY ROM flashing. :P
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
------------------------------
Current Phone:
T-Mobile LG G2 (D801)

iMetalliX
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackster248 View Post
No. But it looks like you flashed a borked file. Maybe the CM you installed has a wrong MD5, or you might have flashed a CM that's for a different G2. Either way, you can either push a new ROM zip into your phone to flash, or KDZ back to stock like the guy above me said. Good luck!

And don't worry, your phone is completely fine. But this should be a lesson to always perform a backup before ANY ROM flashing. :P
Thank you mate )
umm..i'm going back to stock, and the MD5 was ok, and yes, im a noob

notanymore
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Lg g2 d80220a

Quote:
What I'd like to know is how did you get CWM in the first place? I've tried for a couple of hours with ROM Manager and the D802 is not supported even though it claims it is. All I get is the red triangle on top of the green android bot and what looks like 2.x CWM. Not sure since I'm new. But it only has about 5 options. No MOUNT, NO ADVANCED, Looks unsuitable for flashing a ROM. I saw this version the very first time I flashed a phone and I soft bricked the phone. It was a Nexus 4. I recovered but I'm not taking any chances and messing with that again. The only way I recovered was using Wugfresh. I need something like Wugfresh for my D802 where I can take those risk. I'm angry because I can't flash anything now. I've got 327 apps to get installed. No one wants to do that manually. It is really inconceivable that this phone which is still arguably the best in the world after 6 months is not supported the way it should be with recovery. Any help in getting CWM working would be greatly appreciated.

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1319
Quote:
Originally Posted by notanymore View Post
What I'd like to know is how did you get CWM in the first place? I've tried for a couple of hours with ROM Manager and the D802 is not supported even though it claims it is. All I get is the red triangle on top of the green android bot and what looks like 2.x CWM. Not sure since I'm new. But it only has about 5 options. No MOUNT, NO ADVANCED, Looks unsuitable for flashing a ROM. I saw this version the very first time I flashed a phone and I soft bricked the phone. It was a Nexus 4. I recovered but I'm not taking any chances and messing with that again. The only way I recovered was using Wugfresh. I need something like Wugfresh for my D802 where I can take those risk. I'm angry because I can't flash anything now. I've got 327 apps to get installed. No one wants to do that manually. It is really inconceivable that this phone which is still arguably the best in the world after 6 months is not supported the way it should be with recovery. Any help in getting CWM working would be greatly appreciated.
Have you tried philz http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2554053

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app

notanymore
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Lg g2 d80220a

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
Have you tried philz http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2554053

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app
That won't work because you can't even get to the menus to install the zip. That the whole problem. You can't really do anything because it basically hangs up with the red triangle. With the number of people having this problem and how great a phone this is you'd figure this problem would not even exist. Here's a screen shot of the problem everybody is having.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140401_205451.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	231.1 KB
ID:	2663613