Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,915 Members 43,205 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Swap back and recents softkeys

Tip us?

beardyone
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Swap back and recents softkeys

Could a very kind themer/dev please tell me how to swap my back and recents softkeys. I hold the phone with my right hand and i use 'back' a lot more than i use 'recents' so i have to constantly stretch over with my thumb and i have nearly dropped the phone a few times.

i am on .681 so gravity box is no longer a solution as it seems to be incompatible for the time being. i also find solutions like LMT and apps that hide the navbar and replace it with their own to be clunky.and buggy. is there a way to do it by editing framework?

thanks in advance everyone.
Current: HTC Wildfire (Rooted)
ROM: *JOKERDROID carbon 3.0*
Saving for: HTC Desire HD
Phones what I have had

gregbradley
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3741
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardyone View Post
Could a very kind themer/dev please tell me how to swap my back and recents softkeys. I hold the phone with my right hand and i use 'back' a lot more than i use 'recents' so i have to constantly stretch over with my thumb and i have nearly dropped the phone a few times.

i am on .681 so gravity box is no longer a solution as it seems to be incompatible for the time being. i also find solutions like LMT and apps that hide the navbar and replace it with their own to be clunky.and buggy. is there a way to do it by editing framework?

thanks in advance everyone.
Gravity box works fine if you use the latest one from the XDA thread not from the repository

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to gregbradley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

beardyone
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
Gravity box works fine if you use the latest one from the XDA thread not from the repository
brilliant. didnt realise GB had been updated. thanks. confirmed working.
Current: HTC Wildfire (Rooted)
ROM: *JOKERDROID carbon 3.0*
Saving for: HTC Desire HD
Phones what I have had