Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

How to Play Music From Android Wear – XDA TV

Yesterday, we showed you how to do some advanced things with your Moto 360 quite easily … more
Post Reply

[Q] Android phone stopped recognizing my SD card

OP mclpl

29th March 2014, 10:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Here's the deal.
Today I woke up to my phone charging by the night... but it downcharged to 15% of batterry. I reboot it and find out that my SD card showed up info of being "empty". The minitool partition wizard on a PC shows me that info:

no no, the memory card is 8GB not 32MB.
How to recover the partitions? Also, the SD card has been partitioned for use with app2sd programs with this tut: http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...d_partitioning, because my phone (HTC Explorer "Pico") has a very small amount of internal memory. The rom was stock though.

Of course I could re-format it, but I don't want to, because the data stored there was very special to me. I want to recover it.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
31st March 2014, 01:02 AM   |  #2  
Kriptik210's Avatar
Senior Member
Crystal River
Thanks Meter: 154
 
578 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
I had that same problem a while back. I unmounted the SD Card and put it in another phone and it still said the same. So I soft reset my first phone, put the SD Card back in, and all was good.

Sent from an A.I. frequency
31st March 2014, 09:00 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriptik210

I had that same problem a while back. I unmounted the SD Card and put it in another phone and it still said the same. So I soft reset my first phone, put the SD Card back in, and all was good.

Sent from an A.I. frequency

But the card couldn't be recognized on a Linux, on a DMDE, SD Formatter, HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool, and primary on a TestDisk and on a GParted, and one big nothing was achieved.... You say that if I just soft reset the android phone, everything will be back to normal? Did you had the exactly same problem? You know, I need to clarify things before I do something that could destroy entirely my data.
31st March 2014, 06:36 PM   |  #4  
Kriptik210's Avatar
Senior Member
Crystal River
Thanks Meter: 154
 
578 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
I didn't have the exact problem just something similar and a soft reset (which will do no harm) worked for me. If the SD card can't be read any other ways then I don't know anything else other than formating the SD card.

Sent from an A.I. frequency
31st March 2014, 08:24 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriptik210

I didn't have the exact problem just something similar and a soft reset (which will do no harm) worked for me. If the SD card can't be read any other ways then I don't know anything else other than formating the SD card.

Sent from an A.I. frequency

Thanks anyway, I'll do that tommorrow BTW I can't even format the SD card...
31st March 2014, 11:25 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
here-
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclpl

Thanks anyway, I'll do that tommorrow BTW I can't even format the SD card...

try putting the sdcard in another phone and see what happens, maybe you could format it from there
1st April 2014, 11:48 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowloo

try putting the sdcard in another phone and see what happens, maybe you could format it from there

Nope, I put it into the camera, other camera, camcorder... nothing can format it

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Android Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank