FORUMS

Xiaomi Sold 34.7 Million Phones In 6 Months

2015 has been a phenomenal year for Xiaomi so far. With a stellar rise in 2014, 2015 saw … more

Sprint Reacts To Jab From T-Mobile

America’s cellular network space has always been a battle of the big four: Verizon, AT&T, … more

Floating Apps with Rovers – XDA App Review

There are a lot of great launchers to help customize your phone. Some Launchers allow … more

What Features Do You Look for in a Gallery App?

With so many different options to choose from, finding the right Gallery app may be a … more

Wireless charger?

971 posts
Thanks Meter: 105
 
By natefish, Senior Member on 29th March 2014, 01:13 PM
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
1st April 2014, 12:47 PM |#11  
kms108's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 868
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by degast

I wonder if wireless charging doesn't damage internal parts of the phone? Anyone got an explanation or experience here?

Why would you think it might damage your phone, can you care to explain.
 
 
1st April 2014, 12:52 PM |#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kms108

Why would you think it might damage your phone, can you care to explain.

The magnetic field might screw up things? I don't know, I'm asking this.
1st April 2014, 12:55 PM |#13  
kms108's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 868
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by degast

The magnetic field might screw up things? I don't know, I'm asking this.

I'm only curious as samsung has the intention of providing this feature, i've been using wireless charging for a good 3+years with gs3, gs4, note 2 and now note 3, all without any problem.
1st April 2014, 01:00 PM |#14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kms108

I'm only curious as samsung has the intention of providing this feature, i've been using wireless charging for a good 3+years with gs3, gs4, note 2 and now note 3, all without any problem.

You can buy a wireless charging back from Samsung (doesn't come standard though).
1st April 2014, 01:03 PM |#15  
kms108's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 868
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by degast

You can buy a wireless charging back from Samsung (doesn't come standard though).

It's samsung's way of making more money, i prefer a receiver insert, it's thinner and i've been using them with all my phones.

I will be picking a few up in the next few days in china, need to check what the quality is like.
1st April 2014, 01:47 PM |#16  
Senior Member
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 112
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kms108

It's samsung's way of making more money, i prefer a receiver insert, it's thinner and i've been using them with all my phones.

I will be picking a few up in the next few days in china, need to check what the quality is like.

Really??? I got one for my S4 and it was awful - so thick that the case bulged out in the middle of the back...so much that the phone didn't lay flat on the table anymore.

Even though the Samsung battery cover is a little thicker overall, at least it's symmetrical and doesn't look home-made.
1st April 2014, 01:52 PM |#17  
malybru's Avatar
Forum Moderator
London
Thanks Meter: 13,817
 
Donate to Me
More
Mod Edit

Please use the existing thread on this subject:


http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2702971

Thread closed


malybru
Forum Moderator
Last edited by malybru; 2nd April 2014 at 10:40 AM.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes