Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,727 Members 52,022 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Software update JDQ39.I9205XXUCNA2 for I9205, 4.2.2 with full gear support

Tip us?

joostvdp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Software update JDQ39.I9205XXUCNA2 for I9205, 4.2.2 with full gear support

Today a new firmwareupdate has been pushed to my device, it's version 4.2.2 with full gear support. (weather, and full notifications are available now)
Overall the phone works fine with the new firmware, no noticeable slowdowns whatsoever.
I've ran into a problem where my wifi is stuck on switching on, bluetooth is working fine.
If you do not own a galaxy gear, upgrading doesn't seem worth the risk of ruining your wifi.

A factory reset has not solved my wifi problem yet, if someone knows a way to fix this, please let me know.

Buildno: JDQ39.I9205XXUCNA2
The Following User Says Thank You to joostvdp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DannyBoy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by joostvdp View Post
Today a new firmwareupdate has been pushed to my device, it's version 4.2.2 with full gear support. (weather, and full notifications are available now)
Overall the phone works fine with the new firmware, no noticeable slowdowns whatsoever.
I've ran into a problem where my wifi is stuck on switching on, bluetooth is working fine.
If you do not own a galaxy gear, upgrading doesn't seem worth the risk of ruining your wifi.

A factory reset has not solved my wifi problem yet, if someone knows a way to fix this, please let me know.

Great news. Been waiting for this since October. No UK version showing on Sammobile yet though.

Do you know if it'll be OK for me to flash this version and then change the language?

Does the Wifi issue stopping you from using it?
DannyBoy

Currently: Mega I9205 & Galaxy Gear

Previously: S4, Note2, Tab2, Note, S3, Tab1, S2, iPhone4, iPad2, iPad, Desire S, Desire, Hero, iPhone 3GS, Touch Pro 2, iPhone 3G, iPhone, Diamond, Orbit 2, Hermes, iPhone 1, Athena, Orbit, Universal, XDAIIi, XDAIIs, XDAII, XDAI

errol19
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBoy View Post
Great news. Been waiting for this since October. No UK version showing on Sammobile yet though.

Do you know if it'll be OK for me to flash this version and then change the language?

Does the Wifi issue stopping you from using it?
Yes can confirm that gear is working perfectly for me as well and not having any issues with wifi either.
Yes you can change language during setup for your phone

DannyBoy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by errol19 View Post
Yes can confirm that gear is working perfectly for me as well and not having any issues with wifi either.
Yes you can change language during setup for your phone
I have literally just this second finished flashing and installing Gear Manager.

No wifi issue here either.

My life is now complete
DannyBoy

Currently: Mega I9205 & Galaxy Gear

Previously: S4, Note2, Tab2, Note, S3, Tab1, S2, iPhone4, iPad2, iPad, Desire S, Desire, Hero, iPhone 3GS, Touch Pro 2, iPhone 3G, iPhone, Diamond, Orbit 2, Hermes, iPhone 1, Athena, Orbit, Universal, XDAIIi, XDAIIs, XDAII, XDAI

errol19
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBoy View Post
I have literally just this second finished flashing and installing Gear Manager.

No wifi issue here either.

My life is now complete
That's great news, Let the good times roll!

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by joostvdp View Post

Have you tried going into stock recovery and wipe cache and factory reset.If that doesn't work try manual flash with odin.

joostvdp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by errol19 View Post
That's great news, Let the good times roll!

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

Have you tried going into stock recovery and wipe cache and factory reset.If that doesn't work try manual flash with odin.
I've tried running stock recovery a few times, also wiped cache a number of times.
I have not tried to do a manual flash with odin, will do it soon.
Thanks for the reply.

Frezi Evan
Old
Thanks Meter 32

DONATE TO ME
I have now updated it but it do with me as silly works.. Work not clearly...