Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Samsung Begins Production of 8 Gb RAM Chips

With the release of Android 5.0, our favorite mobile operating system has become 64-bit ready. … more

CM, Micromax and OnePlus – Sales Ban Lifted

It’s less than a week since our recent in-depth analysis of the legal battle over the … more

The History of Flagships: Part I – Sony

Every OEM aspiring to conquer the mobile world undoubtedly releases its take on the so-called … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Software update JDQ39.I9205XXUCNA2 for I9205, 4.2.2 with full gear support

OP joostvdp

7th February 2014, 12:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
Today a new firmwareupdate has been pushed to my device, it's version 4.2.2 with full gear support. (weather, and full notifications are available now)
Overall the phone works fine with the new firmware, no noticeable slowdowns whatsoever.
I've ran into a problem where my wifi is stuck on switching on, bluetooth is working fine.
If you do not own a galaxy gear, upgrading doesn't seem worth the risk of ruining your wifi.

A factory reset has not solved my wifi problem yet, if someone knows a way to fix this, please let me know.

Buildno: JDQ39.I9205XXUCNA2
The Following User Says Thank You to joostvdp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th February 2014, 09:54 AM   |  #2  
Norwich, UK
Thanks Meter: 0

95 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joostvdp

Today a new firmwareupdate has been pushed to my device, it's version 4.2.2 with full gear support. (weather, and full notifications are available now)
Overall the phone works fine with the new firmware, no noticeable slowdowns whatsoever.
I've ran into a problem where my wifi is stuck on switching on, bluetooth is working fine.
If you do not own a galaxy gear, upgrading doesn't seem worth the risk of ruining your wifi.

A factory reset has not solved my wifi problem yet, if someone knows a way to fix this, please let me know.

Great news. Been waiting for this since October. No UK version showing on Sammobile yet though.

Do you know if it'll be OK for me to flash this version and then change the language?

Does the Wifi issue stopping you from using it?
10th February 2014, 09:33 PM   |  #3  
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 12

67 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBoy

Great news. Been waiting for this since October. No UK version showing on Sammobile yet though.

Do you know if it'll be OK for me to flash this version and then change the language?

Does the Wifi issue stopping you from using it?

Yes can confirm that gear is working perfectly for me as well and not having any issues with wifi either.
Yes you can change language during setup for your phone
10th February 2014, 10:20 PM   |  #4  
Norwich, UK
Thanks Meter: 0

95 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by errol19

Yes can confirm that gear is working perfectly for me as well and not having any issues with wifi either.
Yes you can change language during setup for your phone

I have literally just this second finished flashing and installing Gear Manager.

No wifi issue here either.

My life is now complete
10th February 2014, 10:49 PM   |  #5  
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 12

67 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBoy

I have literally just this second finished flashing and installing Gear Manager.

No wifi issue here either.

My life is now complete

That's great news, Let the good times roll!

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by joostvdp

Have you tried going into stock recovery and wipe cache and factory reset.If that doesn't work try manual flash with odin.
11th February 2014, 09:41 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by errol19

That's great news, Let the good times roll!

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

Have you tried going into stock recovery and wipe cache and factory reset.If that doesn't work try manual flash with odin.

I've tried running stock recovery a few times, also wiped cache a number of times.
I have not tried to do a manual flash with odin, will do it soon.
Thanks for the reply.
1st April 2014, 04:28 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 32

375 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have now updated it but it do with me as silly works.. Work not clearly...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread