XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root and Unlock Boot loader for 4.3?

Tip us?

Faulker
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by terpsmandan View Post
Wish I had the choice. Sim card slot went bad. Verizon replaced it under warranty. I was running CM11 but now the the refurb that Verizon sent me was preloaded with 4.3. Didn't know that even had happened.
Same issue here. I was smart about not taking the OTA, then the phone broke. Replacement came with 4.3. Been waiting (im)patiently for some way to unlock.

steve-O's_in_the_house
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default should have done my resurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattsNotIncld View Post
The bootloader will never be unlocked. The original bootloader on the Verizon s3 wasn't even "unlocked." It was a completely different boot image that was leaked. AFAIK, no bootloader has ever been unlocked through hard coding. There are simply loopholes & workarounds. Kexec and Safestrap are two examples of workarounds. They are pretty much just as good as the real thing so there is still hope for those crack-flashers taken off guard by the new update.

Still, I can't sympathize with people who start threads like these: There have been countless "I took the 4.3 update. How do I flash ROMs?" posts. If you were really into flashing, you would never be in this situation.

It's the cardinal rule. NEVER ACCEPT OTAs!!!!!!
Thanks I always learn the hard way.. lol. well itf I had done a little more resurch . from now on i will