I'm a bit new here and running a good old-fashioned stock Inc 4G LTE, never rooted or flashed to new ROM. It DOES have the latest OTA update from Verizon a couple months ago.
This morning my phone suddenly went off after working OK. Then when trying to restart, I get an infinite boot loop and it won't get past the red Droid screen. I've searched various threads and tried what I think are the most obvious things, and nothing seems to help. But I want to make sure there are no other options before I throw it in the trash.
Here's what I tried:
- Tried entering Safe Mode by holding down volume key after HTC screen comes on. Makes no difference, does not enter Safe Mode.
- Get to HBOOT OK. Says 'LOCKED' and I am running HBOOT v.1.15.0000.
- - In HBOOT, I've tried running Recovery a couple times. Seems to go OK, but just starts looping when restarting.
- - In HBOOT, tried running Recovery > Wipe Cache Partition. Says cache is cleared.
- - In HBOOT, tried running Recovery > Wipe data/factory reset. Seem to go through OK.
- - In HBOOT, tried running Factory Reset.
- - In HBOOT, tried running Clear Storage.
- Pulled battery and tried spare.
- Removed SD card.
Some history - this phone has always been very sluggish. A few months ago started shutting down when doing camera intensive things (would jump to battery at critical level). So I did a factory reset a couple weeks ago and was slowly adding some of the essential apps back in. It crashed trying to upload photos to Facebook. Last night I had just moved some apps to the Phone storage and set my Sound Profile app to change profiles in the morning. This is about the time the phone crashed.
- Anything else I should try before giving up?
- Can I try to root and install a custom ROM to fix when in this state? Is this now possible with latest OTA update?
- If custom ROM is last chance, is there a really solid one running 4.3 and Sense?
THANKS! May be time to get a HTC One or iPhoney, as I'm just not into huge phones that are coming out...