tempered glass screen protectors

Search This thread

sashusmom

May 10, 2008
North Jersey
Tempered glass screen protectors. Anyone using them? I have put one on my iphone 5s and was really impressed. Found a no name brand and it worked well for $6. I can't pay alot for them. Goes against that sale instinct in me!:p

So it made me look for one for the mega. I had a cheap glare free plastic one on temporarily which was fine, but I wanted a glass one. Hard to find. Here's what I bought. $12.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111253895644?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Put it on last nite. I used the hinged method, with an extra piece of tape on the free side for precise placement. It went on beautifully, but I thought I was sloppy cause I saw a fingerprint after application, and I was really mad at myself. :eek: But I was so meticulous, I couldn't believe it.

The more I worked with it, I saw it wasn't a fingerprint, but a portion of adhesion that didn't stick the size of a fingerprint. I worked it more, maybe the warmth of my fingers finally got it to adhere. So I was not sloppy afterall. If you have this problem, just give it a little time. I almost was tempted to lift it and clean, resisted the thought, and I was rewarded for my patience. It's a perfect application 8 hours later.

sashusmom

May 10, 2008
North Jersey
I can never fit a screen protector without getting a bit of dust underneath it, I'd hate to do that with a glass one.

I have applied 2. the iphone was perfect, the mega ended up with 1 tiny speck of dust on the top- off the screen, in the black perimeter. It only bothers me cause I know it's there. lol. :D If you use the hinged method, with that extra piece on the free end, and use a tape roll on the screen (tape rolled around your finger with the sticky side out) after you clean it, and right before you peel stage 1 on the protector do it again, you should be good. There are some pretty inexpensive glass ones now available. No way would I try it with a $30 one. I paid $12 for the mega one and that was big $$ for me!! lol:p

I also hear if you put your screen saver on after someone showers in the steamy bathroom it cuts down on all the dust! (tip from G) I never resorted to this, wanting to be comfortable at a table that has been cleaned well.

Last edited:

hristopelov

Dec 17, 2010
you need to use the hinge method, with some tape on the side of the sceen protector/phone before you peel of the bottom part, but theres another trick i learned which i practice and lets me put a screen protector 100% perfect...

you do all this in the bathroom, before you do tho, you turn on the shower with hot water, and let the room get steamy.. picks up all the flying arrownd dust, and your screen protector will be 100% perfect.

try it on, thank me later.

Reactions: sashusmom

anonflash

Mar 31, 2014
Santo Domingo
I have one of the screen protectors, i can say they are awesome, they make your screen feel so buttery smooth, I bought the Glass.m one and i havent got any finger print mark or oil, or even dust applying it.

sashusmom

May 10, 2008
North Jersey
Your $12 is kinda worth for this.

Absolutely!!! If you mess up the application, you chalk it up to experience. Although if you are careful, check out videos on youtube, and follow the tips here, you should be good for a terrific application! Just be mindful of dust. That's your worst enemy and will create bubbles. So dust proof all you can. I work on my kitchen table that has been dusted and windexed. dust off all my tools and use tape rolls. roll the tape around your finger and pretend you are removing dog hair. But it is invisible dust. Then go for it! I never tried the shower trick. I hear it really helps. but again, make sure the surface you are working on is really clean. Good luck!

I found mine on ebay. Amazon has them, but charges shipping.

zerenia

Jan 30, 2007
Lake Worth, FL
Tepshine / PThink Glass Protector - Good!

Got this one for my i527 a few days ago:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ICZ4GE6/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Went on very easily once I removed the hard shell case I had on the phone. Comes with moistened cleaning cloth and microfiber cleaning cloth and I didn't need to mess with hinging or scotch tape or anything else. Used both cloths to clean the screen and quickly applied the screen protector and NO TRAPPED DUST.

It's only been a few days, but no bubbles, no slipping, and everything seems to work with no lag. Even hovering still works.

-Z

carhigh

Mar 13, 2009
Ct
just got mine from overseas for a whooping penny. Only problem is the button is sunk down a little bit. guess ill get use to it. putting it on is easy. you can lay it on and slip it around before you push on the middle to get it to set. mine came out perfect

GnexManVSR

Mar 16, 2014
Just be careful on where you get it, I got my first one and the glass got messed up from the cleaning I did and when I tried to get the lint hair out of the adhesive part of the screen it broke. Now on to my second glass (privacy shade) and the only defect is that it is a little too thick for touch response but it serves it's purpose (touch still responsive at times)

Sent from my GT-I9205 using XDA Free mobile app

m.kaya

Jan 29, 2009
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Tempered glass screen protectors. Anyone using them? I have put one on my iphone 5s and was really impressed. Found a no name brand and it worked well for $6. I can't pay alot for them. Goes against that sale instinct in me!:p

So it made me look for one for the mega. I had a cheap glare free plastic one on temporarily which was fine, but I wanted a glass one. Hard to find. Here's what I bought. $12.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111253895644?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Put it on last nite. I used the hinged method, with an extra piece of tape on the free side for precise placement. It went on beautifully, but I thought I was sloppy cause I saw a fingerprint after application, and I was really mad at myself. :eek: But I was so meticulous, I couldn't believe it.

The more I worked with it, I saw it wasn't a fingerprint, but a portion of adhesion that didn't stick the size of a fingerprint. I worked it more, maybe the warmth of my fingers finally got it to adhere. So I was not sloppy afterall. If you have this problem, just give it a little time. I almost was tempted to lift it and clean, resisted the thought, and I was rewarded for my patience. It's a perfect application 8 hours later.

i have it on my Mega ( i9205 ) and i must say it saves the life of the screen. dropped it several times and only thing that breaks is the temperred glas so i ordered several times on ebay and apply goes easy, just clean the screen and see if the bottom and the top fits then drop it on the screen
it will apply by it self in a minute
then just gently push it till all ends are applied.
and to be sure use a hair dryer over it.
got my 3rd tempered glass now since 26-05-2014 and still no scratches/burst of something weird its just perfect.

sashusmom

May 10, 2008
North Jersey
i have it on my Mega ( i9205 ) and i must say it saves the life of the screen. dropped it several times and only thing that breaks is the temperred glas so i ordered several times on ebay and apply goes easy, just clean the screen and see if the bottom and the top fits then drop it on the screen
it will apply by it self in a minute
then just gently push it till all ends are applied.
and to be sure use a hair dryer over it.
got my 3rd tempered glass now since 26-05-2014 and still no scratches/burst of something weird its just perfect.

Why use a hairdryer??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm a perfectionist.... Couldn't do it lol selling my mega anyways

*S.O.F.A*2SHAYNEZ*K.C.C.O*
    I'm a perfectionist.... Couldn't do it lol selling my mega anyways

*S.O.F.A*2SHAYNEZ*K.C.C.O*

Sorry to see you go:( Enjoy your next one!
    you need to use the hinge method, with some tape on the side of the sceen protector/phone before you peel of the bottom part, but theres another trick i learned which i practice and lets me put a screen protector 100% perfect...

you do all this in the bathroom, before you do tho, you turn on the shower with hot water, and let the room get steamy.. picks up all the flying arrownd dust, and your screen protector will be 100% perfect.

try it on, thank me later.
    Why use a hairdryer??

to make sure it sticks good on the screen because it has a sticking layer and since its glass it.
    thats how i did mine, took me not even 10 minutes to apply and its perfect applied