• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Androiner

Mar 31, 2014
Works

Remove the battery, put of back in, boot to fastboot

Sent from my HTC Desire 500 using xda app-developers app

After keeping the battery removed for about 10 minutes, with [vul-]+[pwr] It booted successfully on my cwm. I just restored my backup & htc rocks. :)

Hello htc desire 500 users, I want some kitkat roms like Cyanogenmod/AOKP for this beautiful device, but don't seem to find any.

Or do someone have a very clean stock rom without those crap from HTC?? obviously for the dual sim edition.

Thanks anyway.

R4Y3K

Jan 7, 2014
Guys i want to relock everything and make my mobile fully stock to get back to warranty
Sorry for my en

Sent from my HTC Desire 500 using xda premium

dummie999

Mar 2, 2014
Dears finally i find the great Recovery TWRP for the HTC Desire 500 (my phone came with single sim i test it and worked very well but i don't know about dual sim)
any way here is it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k8iovf93oycip1e/recovery.img

I like to keep the download in one place, in case I want to bring out an update, so please point to my thread and not directly to the download. Glad you like it anyway :)

buckleyjeff

Mar 27, 2014
Anyone facing issues after updates

Hi,

Is one of you facing issues after have updated his handset ?
I have no idea if it is related but since then I'm sometimes stucked after unlocking the pone with the physical up left button. I have to turn to lock it and unlock it to be abble to use it. Is that clear ?

Thanks guys

vanessaem

Retired Senior Moderator / Inactive Themer
Jun 7, 2010
Missouri City
Thread cleaned.

No one is to link to fake builds or anything of the sort that may or may not damage people's device. If anyone else does this, further action will be taken. I'm aware that today is April Fool's Day but it's not funny to damage someone else's device for kicks and giggles. If that is your idea of a good time, then you have issues and a site like XDA isn't the place for you.

Carry on...

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Jan 14, 2014
Vilnius
lol yes it is needed because some parts of kernel wil be expecting sense framework and files not CM

Hmm, how does that make sense (pun semi-intentional ;) )? Sense is a UI, it should be completely in userland. Kernel should have nothing to do with it at all, it just provides some generic things that SurfaceFlinger uses to display UIs.

Unless you mean that with sense files removed, it would show broken UI. But it should boot.

Fliwatt

Jan 11, 2014
Yeah, about the kernel.
What needs to be changed??
Because https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/android-porting/_1soI3gnxNs
They say it's not necessary

You somehow have to link the ROM and the Kernel, so I think that a stock Kernel would not work.
As far as I know, cyanogenmod is quite different from the "regular" Android and therefore it needs some customization in the Kernel to work.

Is there a device that is very similar to our phone which already has CM?
It would make the development easier.

Fliwatt

Last edited:

dummie999

Mar 2, 2014
You somehow have to link the ROM and the Kernel, so I think that a stock Kernel would not work.
As far as I know, cyanogenmod is quite different from the "regular" Android and therefore it needs some customization in the Kernel to work.

Is there a device that is very similar to our phone which already has CM?
It would make the development easier.

Fliwatt

Cm exists for the desire x, factory name protou
Edit: https://github.com/ProtouProject

Btw, there doesn't seem to be a commit that removes sense support or sth

Last edited:

dummie999

Mar 2, 2014
Is there anybody who got the /system mounted with cyanogenmod? It doesn't work for me. When I try it says: cannot mount /system: invalid argument I tried it with cwm

lukasedam7

Jan 1, 2014
plus.google.com
HTC won't boot

Hi fellas. Looking for some help here. I got my HTC Desire 500 (1 SIM version) 2 weeks ago, rooted it and unlocked the bootloader about a week ago. It all worked fine for a week. Though coming from a Nokia C7, I thought the battery life was a bit poor (let's say 3 hours of listening to music and browsing Facebook, 15 hours of semi-hard use). Today, I woke up at 6AM having fallen asleep with the phone in my hand. The battery was at 15%. I started charging it until 7AM when I went to school. It said 40%. Then, at around 8:30AM I went to change classes and bumped my leg into a desk, with the pocket in which my phone was. I didn't pay attention to it. 10mins later I checked the phone to see what time it is, except it didn't boot. Thinking how it must've powered out due to poor battery life, I decided to see the rest of the school day out and charge it when I get home. I got home about 3 hours ago, and connected the phone to the charger. The problem was, the LED started blinking orange, instead of just being steady orange. I found out that this could be to to a completely drained battery, and that I should just give it time. Well, I gave it a good hour and a half, and it still just blinked (every once in two seconds, I believe), and wouldn't boot. Not regulary, not to Download Mode, not to Bootloader, thus not to CWM. Then I started panicing (that's NOT how you spell it, is it), and checked out other possible solutions. I tried leaving the battery out for some time, tried holding all the possible button combinations, tried putting some paper on the middle two battery contacts, tried charging via PC, tried charging on a NOKIA charger, tried charging without a battery. Nothing worked. And I'm going to Germany on a trip in 6 hours, so I'm very nervous, that I'll have to go without my phone. Could the hit on the desk damaged the phone? From what I've read, the motherboard could've caused all these problems. But really, the phone looks good, both from outside and in, and I don't think the hit was quite THAT hard. Please help guys. Would be extremely greatful!

Last edited:
Hi fellas. Looking for some help here. I got my HTC Desire 500 (1 SIM version) 2 weeks ago, rooted it and unlocked the bootloader about a week ago. It all worked fine for a week. Though coming from a Nokia C7, I thought the battery life was a bit poor (let's say 3 hours of listening to music and browsing Facebook, 15 hours of semi-hard use). Today, I woke up at 6AM having fallen asleep with the phone in my hand. The battery was at 15%. I started charging it until 7AM when I went to school. It said 40%. Then, at around 8:30AM I went to change classes and bumped my leg into a desk, with the pocket in which my phone was. I didn't pay attention to it. 10mins later I checked the phone to see what time it is, except it didn't boot. Thinking how it must've powered out due to poor battery life, I decided to see the rest of the school day out and charge it when I get home. I got home about 3 hours ago, and connected the phone to the charger. The problem was, the LED started blinking orange, instead of just being steady orange. I found out that this could be to to a completely drained battery, and that I should just give it time. Well, I gave it a good hour and a half, and it still just blinked (every once in two seconds, I believe), and wouldn't boot. Not regulary, not to Download Mode, not to Bootloader, thus not to CWM. Then I started panicing (that's NOT how you spell it, is it), and checked out other possible solutions. I tried leaving the battery out for some time, tried holding all the possible button combinations, tried putting some paper on the middle two battery contacts, tried charging via PC, tried charging on a NOKIA charger, tried charging without a battery. Nothing worked. And I'm going to Germany on a trip in 6 hours, so I'm very nervous, that I'll have to go without my phone. Could the hit on the desk damaged the phone? From what I've read, the motherboard could've caused all these problems. But really, the phone looks good, both from outside and in, and I don't think the hit was quite THAT hard. Please help guys. Would be extremely greatful!

Probably you have a bad cable. Try another.

Thanks for the response. I've tried the stock cable with the stock charger, a standard mini-usb cable with a PC, and also a stock Nokia charger, none worked. So I don't think that cuts it.

Would I not be able to claim the warranty because of rooting and unlocking the bootloader? :confused:

I would not worry. It's probably a hardware problem. And if the phone does not turn on, so it does not detect. Neither root or unlocked bootloader.

Zerschneider

Feb 15, 2014
can anyone please upload a backup from the Stock Rom (flashable zip) for this Update (OTA_Z4_U_JB412_SENSE50_Vodafone_UK_1.32.161.1-1.20.161.3).
I have successfully update my Phone with the Rom from Fliwatt and the Update "OTA_Z4_U_JB412_SENSE50_HTC_Europe_1.32.401.1-1.20.401.3" but my external sd-card seems not working correctly, it is recognized but i can not use it, say always NOT ENOUGH SPACE (Card is empty)...
by the way, H-boot shows in the OS line nothing, it empty. only when I relock the phone and flash the firmware.zip it shows the OS Version. After flashing Recovery, Kernel and root it shows nothing again...
thanks in advance for every help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HTC Desire 500

2e6787c.jpg

ALL STOCK ROMS​

ROMS

Jelly Kat​

U.F.O DDK​

MIRROR FOR U.F.O DDK​

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KERNELS​

KangBang​

THE ULTIMATE KERNEL [RECOMMENDED]​

STOCK ROMS VERSION 1.20

How to install?​

Single sim -
    LINK IS DOWN, IN NEED OF A MIRROR

Dual sim -​
    sb1qqh.jpg

POST HERE EVERYTHING YOU HAVE FOR OUR HTC DESIRE 500​

I ACCEPT - ROMS, KERNELS, ROOTING METHODS, TOOLS, HARDWARE PROBLEM SOLVING, etc.​

###HTC DESIRE 500 ONE SIM and DUAL SIM versions are supported by this thread###​

206btjs.jpg

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ EXPAND TO SHOW INFORMATION ABOUT PHONE \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/​

GENERAL​
    2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900

3G Network HSDPA 900 / 2100

SIM-Optional Dual SIM (Micro-SIM)

Announced 2013, August

Status Available. Released 2013, September

BODY Dimensions 131.8 x 66.9 x 9.9 mm, 87.3 cc (5.19 x 2.63 x 0.39 in)

Weight 123 g (4.34 oz)

DISPLAY Type LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors

Size 480 x 800 pixels, 4.3 inches (~217 ppi pixel density)

Multitouch Yes

- HTC Sense UI 5.0

SOUND Alert types Vibration, MP3, WAV ringtones

Loudspeaker Yes

3.5mm jack Yes

- Beats Audio sound enhancement

MEMORY Card slot microSD, up to 64 GB

Internal 4 GB, 1 GB RAM

DATA GPRS Yes

EDGE Yes

Speed HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps

WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, DLNA

Bluetooth Yes, v4.0 with A2DP

USB Yes, microUSB v2.0, USB On-the-go, USB Host

CAMERA Primary 8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash, check quality

Features 1/3.2'' sensor size, 1.4µm pixel size, geo-tagging, face and smile detection

Video Yes, 720p@30fps, check quality

Secondary Yes, 1.6 MP

FEATURES OS Android OS, v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)

Chipset Qualcomm MSM8225Q Snapdragon 200

CPU Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A5

GPU Adreno 203

Sensors Accelerometer, proximity

Messaging SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email

Browser HTML5

Radio Stereo FM radio with RDS

GPS Yes, with A-GPS support

Java Yes, via Java MIDP emulator

Colors Black, Silver

- SNS integration

- Dropbox (25 GB storage)

- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic

- DivX/XviD/MP4/H.263/H.264/WMV player

- MP3/eAAC+/WMA/WAV/FLAC player

- Google Search, Maps, Gmail,

YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk

- Organizer

- Document viewer

- Photo viewer/editor

- Voice memo/dial/commands

- Predictive text input

BATTERY Li-Ion 1800 mAh battery

Stand-by (2G) / Up to 435 h (3G)

Talk time (2G) / Up to 12 h 6 min (3G)

MISC SAR US 0.50 W/kg (head) 0.72 W/kg (body)

Price group About 200 EUR

TESTS Display Contrast ratio: 1198:1 (nominal) / 2.129:1 (sunlight)

Loudspeaker Voice 60dB / Noise 62dB / Ring 75dB

Audio quality Noise -88.0dB / Crosstalk -87.9dB

Camera Photo / Video

Battery life Endurance rating 47h​

LET'S MAKE ONE BIG THREAD FOR EVERYONE! GOOD LUCK!
    The new version is out:

still only for 1.32

fixed selection of ringtones
    added battery percent
    added kitkat media (ringtones, notifications, alarms, wallpaper)
    Apollo replaced the music
    Version check before installing

Screenshot_2014-06-21-17-42-23.png
    CWM repacked

I repacked the CWM philz image with galaxyfreak's kernel. This means the recovery doesn't jump from left to right anymore. :good:
    haven't tested anything, use at you own risk, the usual stuff
    I didn't make any of it, credits go to galaxyfreak and SPSPaWn
    Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tdi2awz5hwxjads/recovery_cwm.img
    Hi, i don't want to open a new thread. Maybe later.

Here is the first Custom Rom for the Desire 500.

James Rom for Desire 500

based on : Android 4.1.2 // 1.20.401.3
    Kernel : KangBang v3 (Credits go to oblikas)

Features :

-Rooted
    -Busybox
    -Clean and Smooth
    -smooth(er) Blinkfeed
    -Battery Optimizations
    -Rooted
    -Deodexed
    -Zipaligned
    -Tweaks

-Removed apps :
    HTC CAR
    Flash Player
    LMI Rescue
    HTC Mail (download gmail instead)
    Gmail
    G-Maps
    Chrome
    7Digital
    Automotive Internet Radio
    Play Books
    Htc Car
    Jetcet Print
    LinkedIn
    Play Magazines
    Picasa
    Youtube
    Polaris Office
    NFC App (The Phone doesnt have NFC..i don't know why it's installed anyway.)
    KidMode
    Play Music
    Street View
    Google Talk

Instructions :
    Extract the zip file and copy the contents of /sdcard to your external Storage of your Phone.
    Boot into CWM and restore the Backup =)
    You'll lose all your data! So make a backup of your Apps!

Download :

If you just want to download the Rom click

HERE

If you want to support my work and download the Rom click

HERE

Feel Free to modify it, hopefully we'll find some devs :)

Greets