OP indecentspeech

21st March 2014, 09:17 PM   |  #41  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 742

3,249 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonstatt

The real issue is the quality of materials that Samsung use. You shouldn't need to wrap things up in cotton wool to feel safe using them unless you are a bit clumsy and always dropping things.

With the note 3, the silver bezel is not that durable. If you want to be VERY pedantic about it, I have now checked 3 of them, and they all have micro scratches on the bezel out of the box from brand new. These are not black lines, but just changes in the reflection that can be seen when looking at the top of the bezel around the screen under a halogen spotlight. I suspect that the bezels are marked as they are fed along the production line. But it shows how soft the bezel is.

In fact the S-view case with real stitching may worsen it as the stitching rubs as the case moves around particularly if in a pocket. But then naked doesn't do much better in a pocket, as the material of the pocket itself rubbing very tightly against the bezel has scratched it more on a mates Note 3.

The plastic is just too cheap to keep it perfect. But if you don't look at it under a spotlight, maybe you will never notice!

I've seen plenty of iPhone 4 with cracked glass backs and plenty of iPhone 5 with scrapes and dings in the "premium" aluminium housing. Not saying build quality couldn't be better, just saying all phones will show wear sooner or later if you don't use a case.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr.m0x For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd March 2014, 01:26 AM   |  #42  
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
Just wanted to say:
I'm a heavy user of my phone, and I've had it for around five months. I don't use a case, the only protection I have is a Spigen GLAS.tR screen protector.
I've seen no wear on any part of the device, including the metallic-looking sides of the phone, they still look new (apart from one bump I had with it, but it's tiny)

I know Samsung don't exactly use the nicest looking or even the highest quality materials, but this phone has been brilliant for me and I'm very impressed.
22nd March 2014, 05:38 PM   |  #43  
Flag Lynnville
Thanks Meter: 2

7 posts
More
Wink Looks good naked but let's be realistic
I agree that a naked note 3 looks good but It doesn't look so good that people should risk not protecting it. I have been thinking about buying a new back cover and attempting to create a case with the premium look of naked note 3 with added protection now that could solve all disagreements.
The Following User Says Thank You to zombiecidal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th March 2014, 09:04 PM   |  #44  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Well, if your like me and you plan on upgrading to the newest phone every year then it doesn't really matter. Your for sure gonna get some wear and tear, and they are very cheap. I dropped from 1 foot high onto my front flat concrete and the silver bezel is chipped like no tomorrow. But NOTHING feels like holding the phone the way it was mean't to be....caseless...so slimmm and sexy...I always rock a 0.15mm tempered glass and no case and its the best!
Last edited by blkgtr02; 24th March 2014 at 09:10 PM.
1st April 2014, 06:34 PM   |  #45  
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 147

955 posts
More
I've haven't had a case for a long time with my phone's I usually get 2 years out of them then I get new phone give my old one to my wife which she breaks 2 weeks later lol

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread