Flag hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 143

540 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordwinOfficial

Hey XDA guys,

I've got an I8190N
I've got a pretty big problems and I need the help of your big brains.
Well a long time ago (17th September 2013) I posted a thread about a problem with my phone, when I booted up, it had this screen:

*Image should either be here or in the attached thumbnails*

So about 3 weeks ago from today I was trying to install a new CM11 ROM update from Maclaw but after I put the zip on my sd card and booted into TWRP recovery (2.6.3.0, just in case it needs mentioning), the phone shut off in the middle of the installation, I thought it was just the usual bugs I get whilst flashing ROMs so I tried to turn it on and it wouldn't turn on.

After a couple of attempts I finally realised that it's able to go into download mode only, I think that means it's soft-bricked right?
So I kept trying to re-install the stock ROM (unroot, unbrick etc) through odin but it kept failing.

I sent the phone to repairs and they wouldn't repair it (because it's rooted obviously, I thought maybe they wouldn't know but of course they did).
I obviously can't get a replacement and start over again because the warranty is void now that I've rooted it
So now they've sent it back and it's currently a paper weight that can go into download mode and refuses to install stock ROMs through Odin.

What do I do? I really need help guys (I don't need to worry about backups because I always backup)

Please answer soon, otherwise I'll be without a phone and my phone company will keep charging me for my contract eventhough I'm not using the phone.

Thanks in advance for any help given

You can go to recovery mode then by using three button combo
if its no working flash it from here using odin
The Following User Says Thank You to eswarvf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th March 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #12  
OP Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 7

33 posts
More
Sorry, it's just not my day, phone breaks, gf breaks up with me because I didn't reply to her because my phone broke lol just ain't able to fix my phone myself like usual, I got a USB jig on the side just in case I need it if that'll be of any help? & Thanks for the links, appreciate the help
Last edited by LordwinOfficial; 28th March 2014 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Adding information
1st April 2014, 05:59 PM   |  #13  
OP Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 7

33 posts
More
Fixed
Thanks guys, the phones fixed
Really appreciate all the help
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread