Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,966 Members 50,913 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Building Cyanogenmod for nexus 7 (flo) fails early

Tip us?
 
stylon
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Posts: 48
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Aachen, Germany
Angry Building Cyanogenmod for nexus 7 (flo) fails early

I've tried to build my own Cyanogenmod ROM from scratch following the guide:

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Build_for_flo

I did build ROMs for the Kindle Fire (otter) similarily before without problems, so in general, I'm familiar with the process. What fails for the flo build is the extraction of files from the device. This is (a somewhat compressed) log:

remote object '/system/bin/mm-pp-daemon' does not exist
failed to copy '/system/etc/firmware/wcd9310/wcd9310_anc.bin' to '../../../vendor/asus/flo/proprietary/etc/firmware/wcd9310/wcd9310_anc.bin': Permission denied
failed to copy '/system/etc/firmware/wcd9310/wcd9310_mbhc.bin' to '../../../vendor/asus/flo/proprietary/etc/firmware/wcd9310/wcd9310_mbhc.bin': Permission denied
remote object '/system/lib/egl/libEGL_adreno200.so' does not exist
remote object '/system/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_adreno200.so' does not exist
remote object '/system/lib/egl/libGLESv2_adreno200.so' does not exist
remote object '/system/lib/egl/libq3dtools_adreno200.so' does not exist
remote object '/system/lib/libc2d2_a3xx.so' does not exist
remote object '/system/lib/libgeofence.so' does not exist
remote object '/system/lib/libloc_adapter.so' does not exist
remote object '/system/lib/libloc_api_v02.so' does not exist
remote object '/system/lib/libmm-abl-oem.so' does not exist

The rest of the files seems to work as expected.

I've bought the 16GB Nexus 7 (2013) device on ebay and it was reset to factory defaults. So, in general I assume that the original files are in place. But I'm not sure where exactly the error lies. I've checked via adb and the egl-libs are named *_adreno.so instead of *_adreno200.so, and I've rather the feeling that the extract-files.sh is wrong or not up-to-date here.

Does anybody know what is wrong and provide hints/help, please?

Best,
STYLON
2 x KF#1: 1 x buildroot + qt5, 1 x [ROM-AOSP] Stock JB 4.2.2_r1
 
zaclimon
Old
#2  
zaclimon's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2487
Posts: 3,257
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Montréal

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylon View Post
I've tried to build my own Cyanogenmod ROM from scratch following the guide:

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Build_for_flo

I did build ROMs for the Kindle Fire (otter) similarily before without problems, so in general, I'm familiar with the process. What fails for the flo build is the extraction of files from the device. This is (a somewhat compressed) log:

remote object '/system/bin/mm-pp-daemon' does not exist
failed to copy '/system/etc/firmware/wcd9310/wcd9310_anc.bin' to '../../../vendor/asus/flo/proprietary/etc/firmware/wcd9310/wcd9310_anc.bin': Permission denied
failed to copy '/system/etc/firmware/wcd9310/wcd9310_mbhc.bin' to '../../../vendor/asus/flo/proprietary/etc/firmware/wcd9310/wcd9310_mbhc.bin': Permission denied
remote object '/system/lib/egl/libEGL_adreno200.so' does not exist
remote object '/system/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_adreno200.so' does not exist
remote object '/system/lib/egl/libGLESv2_adreno200.so' does not exist
remote object '/system/lib/egl/libq3dtools_adreno200.so' does not exist
remote object '/system/lib/libc2d2_a3xx.so' does not exist
remote object '/system/lib/libgeofence.so' does not exist
remote object '/system/lib/libloc_adapter.so' does not exist
remote object '/system/lib/libloc_api_v02.so' does not exist
remote object '/system/lib/libmm-abl-oem.so' does not exist

The rest of the files seems to work as expected.

I've bought the 16GB Nexus 7 (2013) device on ebay and it was reset to factory defaults. So, in general I assume that the original files are in place. But I'm not sure where exactly the error lies. I've checked via adb and the egl-libs are named *_adreno.so instead of *_adreno200.so, and I've rather the feeling that the extract-files.sh is wrong or not up-to-date here.

Does anybody know what is wrong and provide hints/help, please?

Best,
STYLON
On what rom are you? Also have you permitted root permissions on adb?

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk
 
stylon
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Posts: 48
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Aachen, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaclimon View Post
On what rom are you? Also have you permitted root permissions on adb?
I must admit that I'm new to the Nexus 7, so forgive me if I'm not too knowledgeable yet.

"About tablet" says it's Android 4.4.2, Build KOT49H. According to Google that's a "stock" update from early December. The tablet wasn't rooted when I received it and looked like it was wiped completely.

Best,
STYLON
2 x KF#1: 1 x buildroot + qt5, 1 x [ROM-AOSP] Stock JB 4.2.2_r1
 
zaclimon
Old
#4  
zaclimon's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2487
Posts: 3,257
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Montréal

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylon View Post
I must admit that I'm new to the Nexus 7, so forgive me if I'm not too knowledgeable yet.

"About tablet" says it's Android 4.4.2, Build KOT49H. According to Google that's a "stock" update from early December. The tablet wasn't rooted when I received it and looked like it was wiped completely.

Best,
STYLON
Hmmm well because the nexus 7 is an official device from cyanogenmod, you can begin to build for the device and it'll grab all the stuff you need. That said if you want to do all manually, I can try to guide you though it.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk
 
chrisguan1984
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default I met the same problem

Here is my missing file list

remote object '/system/bin/mm-pp-daemon' does not exist
remote object '/system/etc/firmware/wcd9310/wcd9310_anc.bin' does not exist
remote object '/system/etc/firmware/wcd9310/wcd9310_mbhc.bin' does not exist
remote object '/system/lib/egl/libEGL_adreno200.so' does not exist
remote object '/system/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_adreno200.so' does not exist
remote object '/system/lib/egl/libGLESv2_adreno200.so' does not exist
remote object '/system/lib/egl/libq3dtools_adreno200.so' does not exist
remote object '/system/lib/libc2d2_a3xx.so' does not exist
remote object '/system/lib/libgeofence.so' does not exist
remote object '/system/lib/libloc_api_v02.so' does not exist
remote object '/system/lib/libmm-abl-oem.so' does not exist

Do I need to update extract-files.sh ?

or I could pull those files somewhere else manually.
Thread Tools
Display Modes