Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,412 Members 44,938 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] /system/media default permissions

Tip us?

agentfusion
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91
Default [Q] /system/media default permissions

Hey guys,

Can some very nice person open a root browser and tell me what the default permissions are for /system/media/audio/ringtones, etc? The directories themselves. Then, what permissions the audio files are supposed to have?

On LS980 ota without a custom recovery so I can't reflash system, and the fix permissions shell script doesn't do the job.

Basically, I messed up the file perms for my audio so now I can't set any ringtones or notifications tones until I fix it. I thought I had backed them up to my USB stick over OTG but they aren't there.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Motorola StarTac->Panasonic GD30->Motorola C116->Sony Ericsson Z310->HTC Wizard->Samsung Blackjack->BlackBerry Curve 8310->BlackBerry Bold 9000->HTC Kaiser->Samsung Blackjack 2->HTC Dream->HTC Rhodium->HTC Aria->Samsung Captivate->iPhone 3GS->HTC Vivid->SGS3-> LG G2
Over 20 years of Cellphones, and I found a way to modify every single one!
LG G2
ROM: d3rp-g2 bareback m1
Carrier: Sprint
Amazon Kindle Fire 2
ROM: CM11

XxZombiePikachu
Old
(Last edited by XxZombiePikachu; 1st April 2014 at 03:52 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1145
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfusion View Post
Hey guys,

Can some very nice person open a root browser and tell me what the default permissions are for /system/media/audio/ringtones, etc? The directories themselves. Then, what permissions the audio files are supposed to have?

On LS980 ota without a custom recovery so I can't reflash system, and the fix permissions shell script doesn't do the job.

Basically, I messed up the file perms for my audio so now I can't set any ringtones or notifications tones until I fix it. I thought I had backed them up to my USB stick over OTG but they aren't there.

Well these are from my d800 the ringtones folder uses rwxr-xr-x and the ringtones inside all use rw-r-r

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-01-10-42-26.png
Views:	17
Size:	211.1 KB
ID:	2662579   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-01-10-42-38.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	2662581  
The Following User Says Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

agentfusion
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
Well these are from my d800 the ringtones folder uses rwxr-xr-x and the ringtones inside all use rw-r-r

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app
Thanks! Perfect!

Motorola StarTac->Panasonic GD30->Motorola C116->Sony Ericsson Z310->HTC Wizard->Samsung Blackjack->BlackBerry Curve 8310->BlackBerry Bold 9000->HTC Kaiser->Samsung Blackjack 2->HTC Dream->HTC Rhodium->HTC Aria->Samsung Captivate->iPhone 3GS->HTC Vivid->SGS3-> LG G2
Over 20 years of Cellphones, and I found a way to modify every single one!
LG G2
ROM: d3rp-g2 bareback m1
Carrier: Sprint
Amazon Kindle Fire 2
ROM: CM11