Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,194 Members 52,819 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 7 Logitech c310 hd web camera problem

Tip us?

emre.eksioglu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Nexus 7 Logitech c310 hd web camera problem

Hi every one. i hava got a problem. my nexus 7 2012 which is run timurs kernel didnt work logitech c310 hd web camera.
I tryed alot of usb camera driver but result is nothing..

when i looked up the usb host props 046d:081b shows but android dont recognized it is a web cam.

what would advise me ?

rajiv0909
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Nexus 7 OTG Webcam issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by emre.eksioglu View Post
Hi every one. i hava got a problem. my nexus 7 2012 which is run timurs kernel didnt work logitech c310 hd web camera.
I tryed alot of usb camera driver but result is nothing..

when i looked up the usb host props 046d:081b shows but android dont recognized it is a web cam.

what would advise me ?
i have a similar issue - timur's ROM, followed instructions from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2100452&page=4 and likes of this however the native camera app closes with "unfortunately, gallery has stopped"every single time. I tried using simplewebcam app and it works perfectly. However the native app just doesnt. I went to the extent of flashing the ROM again, going back to stock and it just doesn't work

i need this functionality to be able to use the cam for AR navigation apps. Any help would be appreciated

aviola7x7
Old
Thanks Meter 5
According to the Linux UVC supported webcam page, found here http://www.ideasonboard.org/uvc/#devices, that camera should work.

One thing you need to make sure of is that the webcam is plugged in when the Nexus is booted. Otherwise, the driver will not be loaded and the webcam will not be accessible. I have found from my own experience that occasionally, it takes two consecutive reboots for the webcam driver to be properly loaded.

There is a way to make the camera plug and play capable as long as it was connected at first boot which I can link to if you're interested.

From there, I know that some apps are better at loading the second camera better than others. I personally use Mirror for my own as I use it as a backup cam for my car installation and have no need to actually take pictures with it. If you do want to use it to take pictures, you probably will want to try a a few different camera apps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

hugo_bjk
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Selam emre
You can try droidperception's dashcam app from google play. İt checkes your tablet's uvc drivers. İ use dashcam with rooted stock rom with logitech c210.

Yavuz