[Q] Verizon Droid 3 GSM Data

Tip us?

sweh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanist View Post
lemme know it it works. forgot to mention....there is patch to get 3g data working (google) it.
No this doesn't work because the MNC and MCC aren't visible and so the phone won't select the APN.

Lycanist
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sad it dosent work. Why dont you upgrade phone to Droid 3 stock (download unbrick Droid .bat from Droid 3 developement unbrick/root 1st post and then start from scratch like rooting , safestrap stc ) in case if u flash n if there is no signal then activate roaming. I have done d same.

Sent from my XT860 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

Hi again, try this n lemme know if it worked

Go to d link n read apn modify via *#*#

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1633163

Sent from my XT860 using xda app-developers app

sweh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanist View Post
Sad it dosent work. Why dont you upgrade phone to Droid 3 stock (download unbrick Droid .bat from Droid 3 developement unbrick/root 1st post and then start from scratch like rooting , safestrap stc ) in case if u flash n if there is no signal then activate roaming. I have done d same.
That's exactly what I did; I reflashed to 5.7.906 using moto-fastboot. With the VZW radio ROM I can see the SIM MNC MCC but (of course) it won't talk GSM in the US. With the Chinese radio ROM it'll talk to the network but without data 'cos it doesn't see the MNC MCC.

The whole question is moot now 'cos I've now got an S4 and cut the SIM to size; that works just fine

trethon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweh View Post
That's exactly what I did; I reflashed to 5.7.906 using moto-fastboot. With the VZW radio ROM I can see the SIM MNC MCC but (of course) it won't talk GSM in the US. With the Chinese radio ROM it'll talk to the network but without data 'cos it doesn't see the MNC MCC.

The whole question is moot now 'cos I've now got an S4 and cut the SIM to size; that works just fine
I've ported xt861 (2.3.6) rom to xt862 (called it cROM) to use it in Europe/Poland, but have same problem with data transfer. The solution was:

1. download full apns-conf.xml file with most of world networks apns (about 160kb)
2. copy the file to /system/etc/apns-conf_0.xml
3. create two links

ln -s /system/etc/apns-conf_0.xml /system/etc/apns-conf_.xml
ln -s /system/etc/apns-conf_0.xml /system/etc/apns-conf.xml

4. reboot

trethon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Try this (from terminal):

su
rm -R /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases
reboot