Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,395 Members 47,194 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] PagePlus

Tip us?

ShawnSnyder1991
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] PagePlus

i cannot for the LIFE of me get a straight answer.

Do HTC devices lose the flash to another carrier (PagePlus) if I install a new rom or anything?

Shredder87
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnSnyder1991 View Post
i cannot for the LIFE of me get a straight answer.

Do HTC devices lose the flash to another carrier (PagePlus) if I install a new rom or anything?
Naw. I'm also a fellow Page Plus user and I didn't lose my flash, even after the update to the bootloader. I did do it through Captains update instead of the official RUU I dunno if that makes a difference. I do know that if you're S-ON and you decide to run Moonshine or Runrunner to get S-OFF then you will lose your flash.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shredder87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ShawnSnyder1991
Old
(Last edited by ShawnSnyder1991; 30th March 2014 at 10:26 AM.) Reason: link
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder87 View Post
Naw. I'm also a fellow Page Plus user and I didn't lose my flash, even after the update to the bootloader. I did do it through Captains update instead of the official RUU I dunno if that makes a difference. I do know that if you're S-ON and you decide to run Moonshine or Runrunner to get S-OFF then you will lose your flash.
so lemme get this straight, if i purchase the htc rezound, flash, then s-off, ill lose flash?

also, will this method work and still have flash?

http://unlimited.io/juopunutbear.htm

Shredder87
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I would assume it's correct since it happened with my evo, so I would suggest s-off first, then proceed with flashing the phone. That method is a more complicated way of getting s-off and I believe they mentioned they only fully support it though linux.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shredder87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

srinia
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Agree with Shredder. I recently flashed my Evo 4g lte to page plus and had the same problem when i did the FacePalm S-OFF routine. Lost my pageplus flash. Had to do the flash procedure again.

Later i realized i had to update the radio to install most kitkat ROMs.

Had to follow Captain_throwback's steps here for that.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2639180

I thought i might loose the pageplus flash after this, but did not happen. My pageplus flash was intact after upgrading the radio version using the above. After upgrading the radio, yday i installed the Slimkat rom and everything is working as of now.

I have to mention i do not have 3g yet. Only voice and sms,

jesseinsf
Old
(Last edited by jesseinsf; 1st April 2014 at 10:32 PM.) Reason: clarifications
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy no 3g after S-OFF :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinia View Post
Agree with Shredder. I recently flashed my Evo 4g lte to page plus and had the same problem when i did the FacePalm S-OFF routine. Lost my pageplus flash. Had to do the flash procedure again.

Later i realized i had to update the radio to install most kitkat ROMs.

Had to follow Captain_throwback's steps here for that.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2639180

I thought i might loose the pageplus flash after this, but did not happen. My pageplus flash was intact after upgrading the radio version using the above. After upgrading the radio, yday i installed the Slimkat rom and everything is working as of now.

I have to mention i do not have 3g yet. Only voice and sms,
Same thing happened to me when I S-OFF. I only have voice and sms. MMS seems to only work on 3g which I only can get 1x. Let me know how you get 3gwhen you get it, because I tried everything I did before that got me 3g but no success this time.