Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] PagePlus

OP ShawnSnyder1991

28th March 2014, 07:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
i cannot for the LIFE of me get a straight answer.

Do HTC devices lose the flash to another carrier (PagePlus) if I install a new rom or anything?
29th March 2014, 08:40 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 16

96 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnSnyder1991

i cannot for the LIFE of me get a straight answer.

Do HTC devices lose the flash to another carrier (PagePlus) if I install a new rom or anything?

Naw. I'm also a fellow Page Plus user and I didn't lose my flash, even after the update to the bootloader. I did do it through Captains update instead of the official RUU I dunno if that makes a difference. I do know that if you're S-ON and you decide to run Moonshine or Runrunner to get S-OFF then you will lose your flash.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shredder87 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th March 2014, 11:20 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder87

Naw. I'm also a fellow Page Plus user and I didn't lose my flash, even after the update to the bootloader. I did do it through Captains update instead of the official RUU I dunno if that makes a difference. I do know that if you're S-ON and you decide to run Moonshine or Runrunner to get S-OFF then you will lose your flash.

so lemme get this straight, if i purchase the htc rezound, flash, then s-off, ill lose flash?

also, will this method work and still have flash?

http://unlimited.io/juopunutbear.htm
Last edited by ShawnSnyder1991; 30th March 2014 at 11:26 AM. Reason: link
30th March 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 16

96 posts
I would assume it's correct since it happened with my evo, so I would suggest s-off first, then proceed with flashing the phone. That method is a more complicated way of getting s-off and I believe they mentioned they only fully support it though linux.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shredder87 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st March 2014, 11:24 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

18 posts
Agree with Shredder. I recently flashed my Evo 4g lte to page plus and had the same problem when i did the FacePalm S-OFF routine. Lost my pageplus flash. Had to do the flash procedure again.

Later i realized i had to update the radio to install most kitkat ROMs.

Had to follow Captain_throwback's steps here for that.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2639180

I thought i might loose the pageplus flash after this, but did not happen. My pageplus flash was intact after upgrading the radio version using the above. After upgrading the radio, yday i installed the Slimkat rom and everything is working as of now.

I have to mention i do not have 3g yet. Only voice and sms,
1st April 2014, 11:17 PM   |  #6  

7 posts
Unhappy no 3g after S-OFF :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by srinia

Agree with Shredder. I recently flashed my Evo 4g lte to page plus and had the same problem when i did the FacePalm S-OFF routine. Lost my pageplus flash. Had to do the flash procedure again.

Later i realized i had to update the radio to install most kitkat ROMs.

Had to follow Captain_throwback's steps here for that.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2639180

I thought i might loose the pageplus flash after this, but did not happen. My pageplus flash was intact after upgrading the radio version using the above. After upgrading the radio, yday i installed the Slimkat rom and everything is working as of now.

I have to mention i do not have 3g yet. Only voice and sms,

Same thing happened to me when I S-OFF. I only have voice and sms. MMS seems to only work on 3g which I only can get 1x. Let me know how you get 3gwhen you get it, because I tried everything I did before that got me 3g but no success this time.
Last edited by jesseinsf; 1st April 2014 at 11:32 PM. Reason: clarifications
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread