5,593,650 Members 39,369 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Howto] Battery Calibration

Tip us?

jr_718
Old
(Last edited by jr_718; 6th August 2013 at 09:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvlq View Post
how should i calibrate my i9505 (galaxy s4) battery?
Why are you calibrating it..sorry but that's new and personally don't think you should..however, i think calibration would be the same method as posted in the OP..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

lakay77
Old
Thanks Meter 0
nice thread

Feenx888
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Been having a battery issue for a while now and I am wondering if this guide would help me or if anything else I could do.

Basically my phone was left with a game running (forgot it on while i was at an appointment) the phone drained down and shutdown automatically. It was fairly hot too. Since then I can't charge the battery more than 89-90%. I thought my battery was damaged so I bought a new one, same thing. So I figured it is the phone. But I am not sure what should be done.

I might try this guide to "re calibrate" my battery.

If anyone has a better idea, let me know.

Thanks
Galaxy Nexus
JB 4.3 Stock

gregcapps
Old
Thanks Meter 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feenx888 View Post
Been having a battery issue for a while now and I am wondering if this guide would help me or if anything else I could do.

Basically my phone was left with a game running (forgot it on while i was at an appointment) the phone drained down and shutdown automatically. It was fairly hot too. Since then I can't charge the battery more than 89-90%. I thought my battery was damaged so I bought a new one, same thing. So I figured it is the phone. But I am not sure what should be done.

I might try this guide to "re calibrate" my battery.

If anyone has a better idea, let me know.

Thanks
Battery calibration apps, and battery calibration period has been debunked a long time ago. It's useless Google it and you will see it was debunked by Google itself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Remember the Thanks button if I've helped!
The Following User Says Thank You to gregcapps For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Feenx888
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregcapps View Post
Battery calibration apps, and battery calibration period has been debunked a long time ago. It's useless Google it and you will see it was debunked by Google itself.

Do you have any other suggestions for me. Because I tried charging my battery in another phone, got it fully charged and then when put back into my phone, it was at 75%. So this to me indicates something that is wrong but on software side.
Galaxy Nexus
JB 4.3 Stock

gregcapps
Old
Thanks Meter 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feenx888 View Post
Do you have any other suggestions for me. Because I tried charging my battery in another phone, got it fully charged and then when put back into my phone, it was at 75%. So this to me indicates something that is wrong but on software side.
Sounds more like a hardware problem with the phone itself not the battery.

Remember the Thanks button if I've helped!

jondoe27
Old
Thanks Meter 1
The tread is old but I've tried this with a new battery anyway until realized it's not going to work with multi-charging sources (desktop,car charger, non-OEM home charger) and multi-ROMs environment where you wipe a whole system.