5,595,570 Members 46,487 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Tab chargers cause slow charging? Or is it crappy JB?

Tip us?
 
RenaldiDroidXDA
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 45
Join Date: Jan 2013
Battery Low [Q] Samsung Tab chargers cause slow charging? Or is it crappy JB?

Is it just me? Is anyone else getting bad charge time from their pre-packaged Samsung charger? We use our Tab 2 10.1 and Note 10.1 (original) with the same Samsung charger. But, it has begun to charge slower and slower until we actually have to leave it overnight just to charge it. And even then it isn't even fully charged! This is a recurring issue with many people here and i haven't been able to find a solution. Maybe it's the rom... or its the charger.
 
aditya rathee
Old
#2  
aditya rathee's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 557
Posts: 1,965
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Haryana
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaldiDroidXDA View Post
Is it just me? Is anyone else getting bad charge time from their pre-packaged Samsung charger? We use our Tab 2 10.1 and Note 10.1 (original) with the same Samsung charger. But, it has begun to charge slower and slower until we actually have to leave it overnight just to charge it. And even then it isn't even fully charged! This is a recurring issue with many people here and i haven't been able to find a solution. Maybe it's the rom... or its the charger.
brother it is not at all a problem of rom
it is the charger it is really a crap my friend has changed the charger 3 times but again this same problem and i have also changed my charger one time


HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU
 
RenaldiDroidXDA
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 45
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya rathee View Post
brother it is not at all a problem of rom
it is the charger it is really a crap my friend has changed the charger 3 times but again this same problem and i have also changed my charger one time
Oy. I was hoping it was just the ROM. Samsung is known for crappy Touchwiz....but that's why i got the Note in the first place, LOL. So, an official manufactuer of this charger, like Belkin, would make a charger that actually lets this thing work properly? Sam Tabs...do they have a history of a really crappy charger?
 
aditya rathee
Old
#4  
aditya rathee's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 557
Posts: 1,965
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Haryana
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaldiDroidXDA View Post
Oy. I was hoping it was just the ROM. Samsung is known for crappy Touchwiz....but that's why i got the Note in the first place, LOL. So, an official manufactuer of this charger, like Belkin, would make a charger that actually lets this thing work properly? Sam Tabs...do they have a history of a really crappy charger?
yeah i agree with you and about history of crappy charger we have tab 2 and galaxy s 3 with faulty chargers


HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU
 
Samsung@net
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Mar 2014
Default Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 - 7" - charging slowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaldiDroidXDA View Post
Is it just me? Is anyone else getting bad charge time from their pre-packaged Samsung charger? We use our Tab 2 10.1 and Note 10.1 (original) with the same Samsung charger. But, it has begun to charge slower and slower until we actually have to leave it overnight just to charge it. And even then it isn't even fully charged! This is a recurring issue with many people here and i haven't been able to find a solution. Maybe it's the rom... or its the charger.
I bought a new samsung galaxy tab 3 - and it takes all night to charge? Anyone knows why and how to fix it.
 
lokesh.3440
Old
#6  
lokesh.3440's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 176
Posts: 464
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Shimla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsung@net View Post
I bought a new samsung galaxy tab 3 - and it takes all night to charge? Anyone knows why and how to fix it.
You mean wall charging through DC or USB charging ?
Sent from My GT-P3100 using Tapatalk
Pressing Thanks Button is much Easier than Typing thanks
 
Samsung@net
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokesh.3440 View Post
You mean wall charging through DC or USB charging ?
I only tried charging it through DC. It is brand new, bought it 5 days ago.
 
lokesh.3440
Old
(Last edited by lokesh.3440; 27th March 2014 at 11:06 AM.)
#8  
lokesh.3440's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 176
Posts: 464
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Shimla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsung@net View Post
I only tried charging it through DC. It is brand new, bought it 5 days ago.
Then there might be an issue with your Charging adapter.......it shouldn't take that much long..... Wall charging only takes 3-4 hours to fully charge the tablet for me...My tablet is almost similar to yours(4000 maH) and yours may be 4450 maH(if its tab 3 8.0),,,so you can consider 5-6 hours in worst case.
Sent from My GT-P3100 using Tapatalk
Pressing Thanks Button is much Easier than Typing thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to lokesh.3440 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Samsung@net
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokesh.3440 View Post
Then there might be an issue with your Charging adapter.......it shouldn't take that much long..... Wall charging only takes 3-4 hours to fully charge the tablet for me...My tablet is almost similar to yours(4000 maH) and yours may be 4450 maH(if its tab 3 8.0),,,so you can consider 5-6 hours in worst case.
It is Tab 3, 7". I thought the same thing. I tried charging it with my Samsung Galaxy 3 phone - charging adapter but still the same.
I bought it in Dubai. I won't be able to go there until May. It has 1 year warranty. Thanks lokesh
 
vasanth46
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 15
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: chennai
my tab had been charging 100% within 5-6 hrs in wall mount... later i tried many kitkat roms and due to problem in bluetooth now i back to stock based rom... i tried 8 different roms in 5 days time.. and started to facing the delay in charging from the second day itself... many times even i work in my tab with charging... but still charge was draining rather than charging... even after switching to my old rom i am facing the same problem... the battery drains instead of charge...even when i keep it untouched it takes a lot more time to chrge, say for 10 hrs .... does that mean the adapter is messy or the rom related issue

Tags
note 10.1, tab 2 10.1 wifi
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Add Swipe Utilities to Your App with SimpleFingerGestures Library

Gestures have become an increasingly important element in smartphone UI … more

Android App Review: Lock it Down with Lockdown Pro – XDA Developer TV

Our smartphones are our lives. They store our contacts, emails, … more

Get the AOSP Lock Screen on Your ICS-Powered Samsung Device

Android is the only popular mobile operating system that allows users, … more