Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Multi user crash on custom 4.4.2 roms (CM11, Omnirom)

OP Animor

31st March 2014, 09:36 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16

177 posts
Hi,

Can you please write it in the JIRA? So CM dev team would implement your solution for future releases?
https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/CYAN-3783
1st April 2014, 04:41 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbradymobile

This just requires a slight change to Trebuchet so that it loads the updated app list when a restricted user logs in. I am attaching an apk with the change to load the app list if you want to test.

My apologies for not knowing how to do this, but I get the App Not Installed error: An existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed.

I looked this up and the general recommendation for most apps seems to be to uninstall and then install the new one. Given that I'm actively using the launcher I would replace, this seems like a dangerous idea and I don't want to brick the phone. What alternatives are there? Switch to another launcher temporarily, then uninstall Trebuchet, and then install and switch over to your updated version? Or does it involve ADB? I haven't used ADB since I had a G1, so I've had a long time to forget whatever I once knew there.
2nd April 2014, 01:51 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tg2k

My apologies for not knowing how to do this, but I get the App Not Installed error: An existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed.

I looked this up and the general recommendation for most apps seems to be to uninstall and then install the new one. Given that I'm actively using the launcher I would replace, this seems like a dangerous idea and I don't want to brick the phone. What alternatives are there? Switch to another launcher temporarily, then uninstall Trebuchet, and then install and switch over to your updated version? Or does it involve ADB? I haven't used ADB since I had a G1, so I've had a long time to forget whatever I once knew there.

FWIW, I switched launchers and the other launcher I tried had no issues here. I am not able to simply remove the original Trebuchet though. At least the other launcher seems to work in this regard though.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread