Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,180 Members 47,054 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Multi user crash on custom 4.4.2 roms (CM11, Omnirom)

Tip us?

Animor
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Hi,

Can you please write it in the JIRA? So CM dev team would implement your solution for future releases?
https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/CYAN-3783

tg2k
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbradymobile View Post
This just requires a slight change to Trebuchet so that it loads the updated app list when a restricted user logs in. I am attaching an apk with the change to load the app list if you want to test.
My apologies for not knowing how to do this, but I get the App Not Installed error: An existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed.

I looked this up and the general recommendation for most apps seems to be to uninstall and then install the new one. Given that I'm actively using the launcher I would replace, this seems like a dangerous idea and I don't want to brick the phone. What alternatives are there? Switch to another launcher temporarily, then uninstall Trebuchet, and then install and switch over to your updated version? Or does it involve ADB? I haven't used ADB since I had a G1, so I've had a long time to forget whatever I once knew there.

tg2k
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tg2k View Post
My apologies for not knowing how to do this, but I get the App Not Installed error: An existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed.

I looked this up and the general recommendation for most apps seems to be to uninstall and then install the new one. Given that I'm actively using the launcher I would replace, this seems like a dangerous idea and I don't want to brick the phone. What alternatives are there? Switch to another launcher temporarily, then uninstall Trebuchet, and then install and switch over to your updated version? Or does it involve ADB? I haven't used ADB since I had a G1, so I've had a long time to forget whatever I once knew there.
FWIW, I switched launchers and the other launcher I tried had no issues here. I am not able to simply remove the original Trebuchet though. At least the other launcher seems to work in this regard though.