Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Glass screen protector for under 8$

OP polish_pat

15th March 2014, 02:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 381
 
1,530 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
More
Last year, I pre-odered the Spigen Glass screen protector about a month before the Note 3 came out. Thanks to Spigen's AWEFUL customer service and absolutely no support what soever, i got my glass tr about a month and a half after I got the note3. Spigen have great products but there is no way i'm dealing with them again because of their lack of respect for paying customers.

About 2 months ago i had to replace my Note 3 and thus lost my glass protector and i bought a protector from a seller on ebay that offered me a very high quality product, which was to my knowledge as good as spigens products and 5 times less expensive. Now, that seller has ready for shipping the protector for the S5, so if like me, you've already pre-ordered it and want to have the protector ready for application on april 11th, then you can go buy it now for a ridiculous $7.60 with free shipping.

Great deal for a glass protector

Get it now here: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/0-26-Hardness...d01fcf8&_uhb=1
1st April 2014, 10:29 PM   |  #2  
mocsab's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag West Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 721
 
2,589 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by polish_pat

Last year, I pre-odered the Spigen Glass screen protector about a month before the Note 3 came out. Thanks to Spigen's AWEFUL customer service and absolutely no support what soever, i got my glass tr about a month and a half after I got the note3. Spigen have great products but there is no way i'm dealing with them again because of their lack of respect for paying customers.

About 2 months ago i had to replace my Note 3 and thus lost my glass protector and i bought a protector from a seller on ebay that offered me a very high quality product, which was to my knowledge as good as spigens products and 5 times less expensive. Now, that seller has ready for shipping the protector for the S5, so if like me, you've already pre-ordered it and want to have the protector ready for application on april 11th, then you can go buy it now for a ridiculous $7.60 with free shipping.

Great deal for a glass protector

Get it now here: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/0-26-Hardness...d01fcf8&_uhb=1

I have had better luck with SPIGEN - in fact I ordered the New Nano Glass Screen Protector in anticipation of getting the S5 (I Preordered on teh 24th) and the Spigen glass screen protector has already shipped (according to UPS) what is amazing to me is that they have the Screen protectors ready to ship even before the phones have hit the streets.

I admit - it seems too good to be true - so I will be very interested to check the box when it arrives to make sure it is the right screen protector - it seems like Spigen has it figured out pretty well this time....I will report back when I get the shipment later this week.
1st April 2014, 11:06 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56
 
188 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocsab

I have had better luck with SPIGEN - in fact I ordered the New Nano Glass Screen Protector in anticipation of getting the S5 (I Preordered on teh 24th) and the Spigen glass screen protector has already shipped (according to UPS) what is amazing to me is that they have the Screen protectors ready to ship even before the phones have hit the streets.

I admit - it seems too good to be true - so I will be very interested to check the box when it arrives to make sure it is the right screen protector - it seems like Spigen has it figured out pretty well this time....I will report back when I get the shipment later this week.

Keep us up to date on how it performs with the S5: smoothness of touch, premium feeling, ease of installation and last but not least does fingerprint scanner still work.
2nd April 2014, 01:36 AM   |  #4  
mocsab's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag West Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 721
 
2,589 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by degast

Keep us up to date on how it performs with the S5: smoothness of touch, premium feeling, ease of installation and last but not least does fingerprint scanner still work.

I have used SPIGEN glass protectors on every phone I have ever owned - I expect it to be just as good as it always has been - but I will report once I ahve the phone.
2nd April 2014, 02:11 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 381
 
1,530 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocsab

I have had better luck with SPIGEN - in fact I ordered the New Nano Glass Screen Protector in anticipation of getting the S5 (I Preordered on teh 24th) and the Spigen glass screen protector has already shipped (according to UPS) what is amazing to me is that they have the Screen protectors ready to ship even before the phones have hit the streets.

I admit - it seems too good to be true - so I will be very interested to check the box when it arrives to make sure it is the right screen protector - it seems like Spigen has it figured out pretty well this time....I will report back when I get the shipment later this week.

Ya, mine was also "shipped" but in fact only the tracking number was generated, it was never actually shipped. Until you actually see the first checkpoint that say it has been accepted at the shipping facility, i wouldnt cont on it. Maybe they learned from their mistake, but ignoring all my emails and support tickets will make me not be their client, ever again, at least not with them directly, possibly with a reseller like amazon.

In any case, i got my screen protector, and it's legit, it nice, smooth and look almost identical to spigen's. Also, this guy didnt make me pay an extra 5$ for rounded corners. I'm happy with my purchase, and it just proves that paying 40$ for a piece of glass isnt worth it when a chinese version makes me as happy
2nd April 2014, 03:27 AM   |  #6  
mocsab's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag West Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 721
 
2,589 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by polish_pat

Ya, mine was also "shipped" but in fact only the tracking number was generated, it was never actually shipped. Until you actually see the first checkpoint that say it has been accepted at the shipping facility, i wouldnt cont on it. Maybe they learned from their mistake, but ignoring all my emails and support tickets will make me not be their client, ever again, at least not with them directly, possibly with a reseller like amazon.

In any case, i got my screen protector, and it's legit, it nice, smooth and look almost identical to spigen's. Also, this guy didnt make me pay an extra 5$ for rounded corners. I'm happy with my purchase, and it just proves that paying 40$ for a piece of glass isnt worth it when a chinese version makes me as happy

well - here is what I see when I click on the tracking number they sent me:


Package Status:In Transit


Fontana, CA, United States 04/01/2014 3:50 A.M. Package transferred to destination UPS Mail Innovations facility


So - It is definately in transit - I sure wish the S5 was - lol

(I have purchsed the chinese versions that are cheaper and I can say first hand that you get what you pay for) but at the end of the day, if the inexpensive screen protector works for you - that's great - I have had good luck with Spigen and that works for me -better than the others do - and it is in shipment - should be here in a few days
Last edited by mocsab; 2nd April 2014 at 03:46 AM.
2nd April 2014, 03:38 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 381
 
1,530 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
More
I had spigen glass tr on all my previous phones, and i can tell you you picked the wrong chinese seller. I dont see any difference except the price

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes