Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,912 Members 40,349 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rooted a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 lite 7 SM t110" Thank You

Tip us?

equitube
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Rooted a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 lite 7 SM t110" Thank You

I just rooted my new Tab today thanks to the helpful and complete instruction from this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2674649

(3/10/2014) and it works beautifully and is very easy, The step by step instructions and detailed videos made this the easiest root I"ve ever done (which would make all of 2 now). It took all of about 10 min, excluding the hour or so I spent carefully rereading the procedure and watching the videos.

Thank you so much! I have root again!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite SM110 ROOTED.jpg
Views:	1283
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	2624011  

equitube
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Regarding a boot loop problem mentioned in another thread (I am not able to post in development threads yet so hopefully the author will see this)

I had the same thing happen to mine after installing cwm and rooting then attempting to create backups. I think it was the way I tried to boot into cwm, didn't wait long enough perhaps.

Anyway, I wound up flashing the stock firmware again, using Odin, then redoing the cwm install and rooting again. It worked like a charm for me.

Sent from my rooted SM-T110 using xda app-developers app

jxker
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by equitube View Post
Regarding a boot loop problem mentioned in another thread (I am not able to post in development threads yet so hopefully the author will see this)

I had the same thing happen to mine after installing cwm and rooting then attempting to create backups. I think it was the way I tried to boot into cwm, didn't wait long enough perhaps.

Anyway, I wound up flashing the stock firmware again, using Odin, then redoing the cwm install and rooting again. It worked like a charm for me.
y
same thing happenedt to me, twrp killed me, i then installed cm, and didnt realize i HAD to flash using odin thanks to inkslinger...who had the patience to listen and guide me now i will retry cm and root, glad to hear i wasnt aalone though i am not wishing anyone bad

Streykatorato
Old
Thanks Meter 28
mine is in a consant bootloop.. and it does only boot to cwm and twrp.. nothing else..

equitube
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Solved bootloop on my device

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streykatorato View Post
mine is in a consant bootloop.. and it does only boot to cwm and twrp.. nothing else..
I just had to do the whole process over again because my tab would keep dropping wifi (a common Samsung issue) I did a factory reset, forgetting the stock recovery was not on it any longer. It went right into the cwm bootloop again. I reflashed the stock firmware that I got from honai of androids blog in a link, using Odin.

Then reflashed the cwm, and rerooted. All is working again.
The Following User Says Thank You to equitube For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rochlind
Old
Thanks Meter 1
i will retry cm and root, glad to hear i wasnt aalone though i am not wishing anyone bad

retrac650
Old
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Default Booting straight into recovery

I'm having the same issue as some on this forum. I have searched and searched but cannot find stock firmware. The" honai of androids" lead was a dead end. Link appears to be broken. Can someone point me in the right direction? Samsung Galaxy tab3 7.0 lite.

retrac650
Old
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by equitube View Post

Can you tell me where to find the stock firmware?

equitube
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default stock fir

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrac650 View Post
Can you tell me where to find the stock firmware?
I thought I'd posted the link to the stock firmware,

oops I cant post links yet, just google honai of android blogspot how to date galaxy tab 3 lite

It is a very slow d/l hosted by one of those "pay for fast download" sites. But the free d/l link works fine and it is the proper firmware, samsung sees it as official.

CAUTION: When rerooting, (Notice I didn't say if, I'm assuming anyone would naturally want to have root), when you boot into CWM, it takes a long time. I didn't wait long enough the first time I did it, and I think that may have something to do with the bootloop issue. I am going to install quickboot and try that.

Follow along with the detailed information and videos that were so well done by xda members. Ive done the whole process about 4 times now (when you do that first boot after flashing CWM, be sure and boot into recovery (again follow the video if you have any questions. The one on youtube posted by root junky, ots excellent.

The Following User Says Thank You to equitube For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]