Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,354 Members 41,662 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Recovery

Tip us?

12hawksfan12
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Recovery

Hey guys I want to change my recovery from cwm to twrp. Twrp manager shows my device as unsupported. Can it be safely flashed with Odin over top cwm without Uninstaller it?

Sent from my unknown using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Roseysdaddy
Old
Thanks Meter 40
I'm sure someone will say this is terrible for some reason but I found out yesterday the flashing root has menus built in to flash twrp, chem and Philz and all three worked for me that way.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Alexandre-P
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Hi!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12hawksfan12 View Post
Can it be safely flashed with Odin over top cwm without Uninstaller it?
Double-check (err, triple-check) your phone model before going the ODIN way, and make sure you grab the correct ODIN-compatible tar file.

I don't think there is an "uninstall" method for a recovery. To change your recovery, you simply overwrite it with another one. The official TWRP website shows three different methods (installing using Goo Manager [recommanded], overwrite the recovery partition using an IMG file, and flashing using ODIN) to achieve TWRP's installation into your device. Please take a look at the project's website for more info.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alexandre-P For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]