Mojo - Wont Boot

OP Percius

26th March 2014, 01:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi all, My MadCatz mojo stopped working yesterday. At about 5PM it played a video in XBMC just fine. At 8PM I turned on the TV, it was only showing on 1/4th of the TV screen. I exited XBMC and the screen went black. I power cycled and the unit powers up to the static MadCatz logo and then stops. I left the machine unpowered since 10:30 last night. Today connecting to a monitor it is still like this.

System was stock less the root and play store mod. As far as I am aware system was completely idle between the times mentioned last night.

Not sure how to trigger a recovery console on the Mojo and I am not sure where to find the proper recovery console image.

Advice?

Percius.
26th March 2014, 05:58 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 60

268 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percius

Hi all, My MadCatz mojo stopped working yesterday. At about 5PM it played a video in XBMC just fine. At 8PM I turned on the TV, it was only showing on 1/4th of the TV screen. I exited XBMC and the screen went black. I power cycled and the unit powers up to the static MadCatz logo and then stops. I left the machine unpowered since 10:30 last night. Today connecting to a monitor it is still like this.

System was stock less the root and play store mod. As far as I am aware system was completely idle between the times mentioned last night.

Not sure how to trigger a recovery console on the Mojo and I am not sure where to find the proper recovery console image.

Advice?

Percius.

On the Ouya you held the alt + print screen key while pressing I (not L) every 3 seconds while the system booted. Dont know if that works but its worth a try.
2nd April 2014, 01:39 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I can confirm that the fastboot command still works and that I can get into bootloader mode using a USB A to A cable. That being said I don't have any system image to flash to the device nor do I know how I would flash such an image without ADB or recovery console access.
2nd April 2014, 04:49 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 6

31 posts
More
You're console may have gone to sleep and just needed to wake up by waking up the CTRLR and moving the analogs around. But that sounds odd that it would remain blank, even after showing the Mad Catz boot screen.

If that still doesnt work, I suggest sending a support ticket to http://support.madcatz.com/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread