FORUMS

Mysterious GG1 Google Device Stops by FCC. Glass v2?

As the year progresses, we draw further away from Google’s annual I/O … more

Material and Material Dark Hit Samsung’s Theme Store

The latest version of Touchwiz, launched alongside the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, … more

Swappa’s New App Helps You Value Your Device

There comes a sad time in everyone’s life where you must part ways with your … more

Xiaomi Sold 34.7 Million Phones In 6 Months

2015 has been a phenomenal year for Xiaomi so far. With a stellar rise in 2014, 2015 saw … more

Removing T-Mobile Mobile hotspot

145 posts
Thanks Meter: 5
 
By brusyev, Senior Member on 2nd April 2014, 05:26 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Does anyone know how to remove the stock Tmobile Mobile hot spot app? My Note 3 is fully rooted. I looked through many threads and no luck...there is no apk for it under system/aps
 
 
2nd April 2014, 06:49 AM |#2  
deBricker's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Diiieeeegooooo, California
Thanks Meter: 167
 
Donate to Me
More
Download Titanium Back Up from the Play Store and search for it under "batch freeze". Just make sure you have just the hotspot checked or it will literally freeze all the apps in your ROM..


Sent from my Infamous Note 3 using Tapatalk
2nd April 2014, 07:52 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deBricker

Download Titanium Back Up from the Play Store and search for it under "batch freeze". Just make sure you have just the hotspot checked or it will literally freeze all the apps in your ROM..

Sent from my Infamous Note 3 using Tapatalk



I grabbed the latest copy of TB and searched for hot spot. I am still unable to find it. Can you please give me more detailed steps on what to look for?
2nd April 2014, 11:15 AM |#4  
deBricker's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Diiieeeegooooo, California
Thanks Meter: 167
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brusyev

I grabbed the latest copy of TB and searched for hot spot. I am still unable to find it. Can you please give me more detailed steps on what to look for?


Well, I don't know the name of the actual app. Just look for the icon when you're going through the freeze list


Sent from my Infamous Note 3 using Tapatalk
2nd April 2014, 11:19 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deBricker

Well, I don't know the name of the actual app. Just look for the icon when you're going through the freeze list


Sent from my Infamous Note 3 using Tapatalk

The icon is not there. This was the whole point behind opening this thread....
2nd April 2014, 11:28 AM |#6  
deBricker's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Diiieeeegooooo, California
Thanks Meter: 167
 
Donate to Me
More
Welp. Well, I really don't know how how to delete it. Google is your best friend


Sent from my Infamous Note 3 using Tapatalk
2nd April 2014, 05:24 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deBricker

Welp. Well, I really don't know how how to delete it. Google is your best friend


Sent from my Infamous Note 3 using Tapatalk

I have done tons of Google searching on this matter and nothing. Hopefully someone knowledgeable will come along and provide some instructions...
2nd April 2014, 06:57 PM |#8  
louforgiveno's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 779
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brusyev

I have done tons of Google searching on this matter and nothing. Hopefully someone knowledgeable will come along and provide some instructions...

Look for apps named tether or tethering in /system/app and in the /priv-app folder.....
Why do you need to delete this?
2nd April 2014, 07:27 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by louforgiveno

Look for apps named tether or tethering in /system/app and in the /priv-app folder.....
Why do you need to delete this?

I looked through and only see tetherinkprovision.apk under system/app. This is not the right apk as mobile hotspot still remains. I am debloating my phone from all Tmobile crap...
2nd April 2014, 08:09 PM |#10  
louforgiveno's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 779
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brusyev

I looked through and only see tetherinkprovision.apk under system/app. This is not the right apk as mobile hotspot still remains. I am debloating my phone from all Tmobile crap...

did you remove the "tethering automation" apk ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes