Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,583 Members 39,805 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(ROM) SPINX KitKat RadeonMaya 4.4.14 Slide Aside Feature added! Support for E98X

Tip us?

serge327
Old
(Last edited by serge327; 4th April 2014 at 03:33 AM.) Reason: updated
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Default (ROM) SPINX KitKat RadeonMaya 4.4.14 Slide Aside Feature added! Support for E98X

SPINX KitKat RadeonMaya 4.4.14 Slide Aside Feature added! Added support for E98X

Please refer to the link :

http://lgviet.com/forum/threads/rom-...a-1-4-14.4941/
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to serge327 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

optimusv45
Old
(Last edited by optimusv45; 2nd April 2014 at 05:46 AM.)
Thanks Meter 110
Looks so nice ..it says 240 only. My lack of knowledge in the phone and everyday report of softbrick really scared me into waiting for a rom done specifically for e980..

GARYKNVB
Old
Thanks Meter 5
still waiting a kitkat for e986
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GARYKNVB For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

luisoman2000
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusv45 View Post
Looks so nice ..it says 240 only. My lack of knowledge in the phone and everyday report of softbrick really scared me into waiting for a rom done specifically for e980..
Is it really that easy to soft brick this phone? I'm planning on getting mine next week(maybe 2 weeks, depends on wether i can find it cheap here or if i would have to order it from the states). What rom are you using? have you tried the official kitkat rom from korea? I've read the thread about it and things seem to be working. Another question, with that rom does internal storage is reduced to 16 gigs on the E980 or does it stay at 32 gigs?
Sorry for the off topic.
Pantech Burst
Rooted and Gizmolord 3.0 (sold!)

Xperia Ion
Running Aoba_PureBlack_Ultimate Privacy(sold! Really miss it though)

Lg Optimus G(AT&T) (Sold 2 of em so far, expecting my 3rd)
Running EG8 Rom

Samsung Galaxy S
(loaner from a friend-retured)

BLU Dash 4.0 (JB 4.2 version)
Holding me off till i get my G pro. Loaned it to my bro while he fixes his S3

Lg optimus g Pro(finally!!)
Running Radeonmaya's Kitkat

optimusv45
Old
(Last edited by optimusv45; 4th April 2014 at 12:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisoman2000 View Post
Is it really that easy to soft brick this phone? I'm planning on getting mine next week(maybe 2 weeks, depends on wether i can find it cheap here or if i would have to order it from the states). What rom are you using? have you tried the official kitkat rom from korea? I've read the thread about it and things seem to be working. Another question, with that rom does internal storage is reduced to 16 gigs on the E980 or does it stay at 32 gigs?
Sorry for the off topic.
I check on here everyday and everyday I see report of softbrick. Most people are able to use the flash tool to restore back to stock tho, I just don't wanna fool with it. I'm using the V5 rom. No, I haven't tried the official update for the Korean model. Yea, some people are able to make it work but you don't know how many steps they took , also their steps aren't consolidated in a way that's clear for people that don't know what they are doing to follow. I also read like you may need to switch recovery for different steps of the process, that sounds like a pain. There is a fix to make it 32 but you'll have to read through the pages to find it

Edit : I feel what makes it difficult is the rom is done by someone that speaks much pretty no English, there is not much communication between the community and the developer.

Edit2: if you want it cheap. You can buy one with broken front glass and replace it. I bought mine for 150, 25 for the digitizer, and just did the glass replacement today, it wasn't bad
The Following User Says Thank You to optimusv45 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

riyoshadqi
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Just flash rom and patch?no need madmack kernel for my e988?

Sent from my LG-E988 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to riyoshadqi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

optimusv45
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by riyoshadqi View Post
Just flash rom and patch?no need madmack kernel for my e988?

Sent from my LG-E988 using xda app-developers app
You can read all about it here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2691967

Neroga
Old
Thanks Meter 513
Do NOT flash the E98X patch. I ended up soft bricking my phone and the patch doesn't allow me to kdz back to stock. Says my device is not an E980.
The Following User Says Thank You to Neroga For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

optimusv45
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Thanks for the warning
The Following User Says Thank You to optimusv45 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

memeqxda
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neroga View Post
Do NOT flash the E98X patch. I ended up soft bricking my phone and the patch doesn't allow me to kdz back to stock. Says my device is not an E980.
some users from other forum also reported the bricking E988.

according to other user from Sonyue forum
1.pressing volume+ and volume- and then connecting the usb cable can flash KDZ.
2.after KDZ it'll start reboot.
3.pressing power for 10 sec, and then enter the LG recovery.
4.double wipe (or triple wipe. im not sure. )

(however, the screen won't work till you finish those steps )

The Following User Says Thank You to memeqxda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]