Ask a question

No registration required

Stuck on logo, Recovery can't mount data

OP McTavish55

1st April 2014, 08:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

35 posts
I was using my S3 like any other normal day, tried expanding a post in twitter and then out of nowhere avast crashed along with twitter.
Avast kept crash looping, and twitter would crash any time I tried to open it. I then tried to open facebook and got a error message from that. The UI was stable the whole time though. I went into powermenu and selected reboot, and now my phone is stuck on the Galaxy SIII logo.

I went into recovery and cleared the cache, but when I tried to clear the dalvik I noticed it wouldn't mount /data and it showed internal storage as having no space left, I thought it might be an issue with that version of TWRP, so I updated to the latest one and I'm getting the same thing.

Could this be a hardware issue? The only internal storage I have access to is the system partition.

Any help would be appreciated.
1st April 2014, 11:33 PM   |  #2  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 121

427 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by McTavish55

I was using my S3 like any other normal day, tried expanding a post in twitter and then out of nowhere avast crashed along with twitter.
Avast kept crash looping, and twitter would crash any time I tried to open it. I then tried to open facebook and got a error message from that. The UI was stable the whole time though. I went into powermenu and selected reboot, and now my phone is stuck on the Galaxy SIII logo.

I went into recovery and cleared the cache, but when I tried to clear the dalvik I noticed it wouldn't mount /data and it showed internal storage as having no space left, I thought it might be an issue with that version of TWRP, so I updated to the latest one and I'm getting the same thing.

Could this be a hardware issue? The only internal storage I have access to is the system partition.

Any help would be appreciated.

Have you tried doing a factory reset from TWRP?
2nd April 2014, 03:19 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djpabz23

Have you tried doing a factory reset from TWRP?

I had to do a full hard format for data, but within an hour of using the phone the same thing happened again. My best guess would be that the damn thing is just broken.
2nd April 2014, 04:25 AM   |  #4  
Flag New York

427 posts
Quote:

I had to do a full hard format for data, but within an hour of using the phone the same thing happened again. My best guess would be that the damn thing is just broken.

Try doing the following

-Wipe /system
-Wipe /data
-Flash a rom
-Wipe /sdcard
-Factory Reset/Data Wipe
-Wipe cache and dalvik and then boot up the rom.
2nd April 2014, 05:32 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

35 posts
Quote:

Try doing the following

-Wipe /system
-Wipe /data
-Flash a rom
-Wipe /sdcard
-Factory Reset/Data Wipe
-Wipe cache and dalvik and then boot up the rom.

Thats what I did before it happened the 2nd time. It is an AOSP firmware though. I'm going to try and flash stock everything in a little while.
2nd April 2014, 06:22 AM   |  #6  
Flag New York

427 posts
Quote:

Thats what I did before it happened the 2nd time. It is an AOSP firmware though. I'm going to try and flash stock everything in a little while.

Exactly what ROM are you using? I'm currently running an AOSP rom, no problems by far.
2nd April 2014, 06:31 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

35 posts
Quote:

Exactly what ROM are you using? I'm currently running an AOSP rom, no problems by far.

Liquid Jellybean. I was on 2.10 when it happened the first time, and 2.37 when it did it again.
2nd April 2014, 08:14 AM   |  #8  
Flag New York

427 posts
Quote:

Liquid Jellybean. I was on 2.10 when it happened the first time, and 2.37 when it did it again.

Try using the latest version of CWM: http://d-h.st/qAm

Same process, Wipe /system
Flash Rom
Flash Gapps
Factory Reset
Wipe Cache/Dalvik
Reboot into ROM.

I believe it has to do with TWRP.
Last edited by djpabz23; 2nd April 2014 at 08:21 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread