Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,583 Members 40,268 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Headset not clear

Tip us?

chuckster_84
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Audio [Q] Headset not clear

Hi guys,

I am facing trouble while using a head set with my phone for making calls. The person at the other end is hearing noises and distortions making the call quality really poor and making the headset useless. I tried with many headsets but its it till there. Without the head set the call quality is pretty fine.

The odd thing is that while doing voice calls through Skype, this issue does not pop up.

I am using 16gb s advance running stock JB android. Does anyone else face this issue?

Thanks.

shut_down
Old
Thanks Meter 3195
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster_84 View Post
Hi guys,

I am facing trouble while using a head set with my phone for making calls. The person at the other end is hearing noises and distortions making the call quality really poor and making the headset useless. I tried with many headsets but its it till there. Without the head set the call quality is pretty fine.

The odd thing is that while doing voice calls through Skype, this issue does not pop up.

I am using 16gb s advance running stock JB android. Does anyone else face this issue?

Thanks.
I was using headset that I got from the phone, white one. And I did not have any problems before. On stock, did not try it on CM ROMs.
The Following User Says Thank You to shut_down For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chuckster_84
Old
(Last edited by chuckster_84; 2nd April 2014 at 07:42 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_down View Post
I was using headset that I got from the phone, white one. And I did not have any problems before. On stock, did not try it on CM ROMs.
Then it must be a hardware problem (not sure why skype calls works fine though ). Will get it checked out by Samsung guys. Thanks