Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,235 Members 51,697 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is my phone bricked? please asvise.

Tip us?

playcorn99
Old
(Last edited by playcorn99; 2nd April 2014 at 02:56 PM.) Reason: resolved
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Is my phone bricked? please asvise.

Hello, I need a little advice. I rooted my Verizon Note 3 and everything was going well. I was trying to prepare to flash the bajarom. I was in safestrap and I did a backup. After the backup I tapped the Rom Slot 1 button. I admit I was confused to how I was going to upload the bajarom, so when I tapped Rom Slot 1 I was thinking it would promp me to load something. Well my phone rebooted and it went to a black screen. My PC will not recognize my phone now. Kies doesn't recognize it, Odin doesn't either. When I go into "my computer" I plugged in my phone to the usb to see what pops up. The PC makes the noise acknowledging a connection and the icon pops up as "CD Drive." I click it and it says please insert cd. I cannot get into the phone files whatsoever. I cant even boot it by holding the home, volume up and power buttons. any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2swizzle
Old
Thanks Meter 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by playcorn99 View Post
Hello, I need a little advice. I rooted my Verizon Note 3 and everything was going well. I was trying to prepare to flash the bajarom. I was in safestrap and I did a backup. After the backup I tapped the Rom Slot 1 button. I admit I was confused to how I was going to upload the bajarom, so when I tapped Rom Slot 1 I was thinking it would promp me to load something. Well my phone rebooted and it went to a black screen. My PC will not recognize my phone now. Kies doesn't recognize it, Odin doesn't either. When I go into "my computer" I plugged in my phone to the usb to see what pops up. The PC makes the noise acknowledging a connection and the icon pops up as "CD Drive." I click it and it says please insert cd. I cannot get into the phone files whatsoever. I cant even boot it by holding the home, volume up and power buttons. any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Did you turn your phone off, turn on and go into download mode?

playcorn99
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2swizzle View Post
Did you turn your phone off, turn on and go into download mode?
I found a solution. My phone wouldn't respond at all...so I took the battery out for a few seconds. When I put it back in it finally responded and I was able to go into recovery mode. Phew!!