Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q]any default applications and wifi settings are not persistent after kitkat update

OP oglop

31st March 2014, 05:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

28 posts
hi all do you have any problems after the update ? after 2 months ... can't bear it any more. day 1 since the kitkat update, the settings are not persistant, every time i click on a link, the choose default browser dialog pops update, even if i choose chrome as default one.it happens on all the apps, no apps can store settings now, after reboot , the settings are gone. ( is this because the app developer has to update it to make it work on kitkat ?)

and wifi settings are not remembered after the update. each time i reboot, i have to readd my company wifi to it ( the wifi i added before kk update is persistant though ).

is this related to the "no more write permission to sdcard"? and rooting is the only choice ?

i'm on NB1 firmware ... ( seems the Universal Root de la Vega v0.5 doesn't support(without tripping knox) this version ...)
2nd April 2014, 03:02 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oglop

hi all do you have any problems after the update ? after 2 months ... can't bear it any more. day 1 since the kitkat update, the settings are not persistant, every time i click on a link, the choose default browser dialog pops update, even if i choose chrome as default one.it happens on all the apps, no apps can store settings now, after reboot , the settings are gone. ( is this because the app developer has to update it to make it work on kitkat ?)

and wifi settings are not remembered after the update. each time i reboot, i have to readd my company wifi to it ( the wifi i added before kk update is persistant though ).

is this related to the "no more write permission to sdcard"? and rooting is the only choice ?

i'm on NB1 firmware ... ( seems the Universal Root de la Vega v0.5 doesn't support(without tripping knox) this version ...)

found out why ... after uninstall the crap app TAOBAO, it's working now .... ( even the default media player is working, all the default applications are working, previously, none of them works, the choose default app dialog pops up whatever i do.)
2nd April 2014, 09:56 AM   |  #3  
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,037

4,155 posts
More
Don't have that app, am encountering the same issue with the 'open with' menu. But only for a select few apps.

I'm starting to supect it's only doing it for the apps I restored with Helium... Will test that theory later.

Have gotten complaints from numerous people about the WiFi settings as well, not affected by that one personally.
2nd April 2014, 10:04 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

28 posts
the way i found that app TAOBAO is the culprit is i installed "Default App Manager" from google store, and trying to use it to set default apps, but it's not working either. though it shows TAOBAO as one of the "open with browser default settings" app.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
default, persistent, sdcard
Previous Thread Next Thread