Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

LG G2 802 Soft Bricked

OP Popps

2nd April 2014, 09:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Hello.

I have an LG G2 802 that i managed to royally screw up last night, I was about to install the new firmware update for my phone, completely forgetting that i had a custom rom installed on it. After the firmware update was finished downloading, the phone rebooted into TWRP and would not boot normally after that, could not boot into the previous custom rom i had installed... I decided to wipe all the data, and try to use an old backup i had laying on the internal storage, got to it, wiped all data and started recovering the old backup. But the revovery wasn't working properly and it gave me an error, after fiddling around with TWRP a little more, i went into wipe -> advanced wipe -> and wiped everything, because i had an idea that i could just force a new rom over by ADB from my PC, and this all resulted in that I have no operating system, the phone boots into TWRP all the time, I've tried to hard reset it, but it just boots into TWRP whatever i do

Please help
2nd April 2014, 10:14 AM   |  #2  
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 518

1,493 posts
More
Just flash a new KDZ over it. And next time check XDA if someone had the same problem as you and you will find the solution.
2nd April 2014, 10:40 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
I've done a quick search about flashing a new kdz, and they involve getting into download mode, I can't access download mode, it just sends me to TWRP no matter what i do
2nd April 2014, 10:42 AM   |  #4  
Flag .
Thanks Meter: 54

123 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps

Hello.

I have an LG G2 802 that i managed to royally screw up last night, I was about to install the new firmware update for my phone, completely forgetting that i had a custom rom installed on it. After the firmware update was finished downloading, the phone rebooted into TWRP and would not boot normally after that, could not boot into the previous custom rom i had installed... I decided to wipe all the data, and try to use an old backup i had laying on the internal storage, got to it, wiped all data and started recovering the old backup. But the revovery wasn't working properly and it gave me an error, after fiddling around with TWRP a little more, i went into wipe -> advanced wipe -> and wiped everything, because i had an idea that i could just force a new rom over by ADB from my PC, and this all resulted in that I have no operating system, the phone boots into TWRP all the time, I've tried to hard reset it, but it just boots into TWRP whatever i do

Please help

Are you able to boot into download mode?

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

Ok Hold the power button until the phone flashes twice and then let go off the power button. When it's off, hold volume up and then connect it to USB simultaneously.
2nd April 2014, 10:50 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
I just tried doing that, held the power off button until the LG logo flashed twice, the phone turned off, and then i held volume up button, LG logo appeared and then it just went straight into TWRP
2nd April 2014, 11:10 AM   |  #6  
Flag .
Thanks Meter: 54

123 posts
Quote:

I just tried doing that, held the power off button until the LG logo flashed twice, the phone turned off, and then i held volume up button, LG logo appeared and then it just went straight into TWRP

Ok, this time hold volume up and power button constantly while connected to USB. Report back.
2nd April 2014, 11:11 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 31

544 posts
Quote:

For those who have similar issues, I did the below steps:
1. While connected to computer in CWM recovery, install the drivers via PdaNet (these replace any original LG drivers)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1983470

2. Connect to phone via ADB while still connected in CWM recovery (see below ADB download if you didn't already have it or forgot where it was)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2317790

3. While connected via ADB you can use the same method as in the below thread (use the first one).
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1696&nocache=1
2nd April 2014, 01:55 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK45A

Ok, this time hold volume up and power button constantly while connected to USB. Report back.

Tried it, it turns off, then the notification light at the top of the phone (beside the front camera) blinks 8 times if i constantly hold the volume up and power button, as soon as i release power button and volume up, the phone boots with the LG logo and then goes into TWRP.
2nd April 2014, 02:04 PM   |  #9  
Flag KL
Thanks Meter: 52

340 posts
More
Quote:

Tried it, it turns off, then the notification light at the top of the phone (beside the front camera) blinks 8 times if i constantly hold the volume up and power button, as soon as i release power button and volume up, the phone boots with the LG logo and then goes into TWRP.

What he meant was, hold the Volume Up button & connect the phone to your PC. Don't have to hold power button at all. Try this mate.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
2nd April 2014, 02:07 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin786

What he meant was, hold the Volume Up button & connect the phone to your PC. Don't have to hold power button at all. Try this mate.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Well, i tried this right now, the phone boots, LG logo shows, then it just goes straight into TWRP and nothing happens, i held the volume up, plugged the USB cable in (i could hear the sound in windows when you plug a device into your PC)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread