[Q] F2FS?

OP gandalf_grey91

2nd April 2014, 01:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29

221 posts
More
F2FS looks like an interesting development. The write speeds on nand-based devices are wickedly fast. Implementing F2FS on the important partitions seems to be a major way that some Samsung and Nexus devices look so good compared to other android devices. From what I have read, devs need a Linux 3.8+ kernel to implement F2FS. Any chance this can be implemented for the HD/HD+? It really could do wonders for any lag issues.
2nd April 2014, 09:30 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 17

132 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalf_grey91

F2FS looks like an interesting development. The write speeds on nand-based devices are wickedly fast. Implementing F2FS on the important partitions seems to be a major way that some Samsung and Nexus devices look so good compared to other android devices. From what I have read, devs need a Linux 3.8+ kernel to implement F2FS. Any chance this can be implemented for the HD/HD+? It really could do wonders for any lag issues.

I'm running f2fs on my gal tab 2, thanks to an few xda developers who added it to a kernel. It doesn't benchmark any faster, but it is faster. I'm looking forward to the CM devs adding it for the HD+ too. I'm thinking it does away for the need for TRIM too.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread