Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

TWRP wont recognize ext sd card after factory reset and wipe HELP PLEASE!

OP da9b16

8th February 2014, 05:29 PM   |  #1  
da9b16's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Big D Tex
Thanks Meter: 6
 
114 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2007
More
OK- I am not new here.... been away for awhile but. I recently rooted both of my lg optimus g pro e980 from ATT. I followed the directions on a few threads regarding this procedure. I installed twrp 2.6.3.0 and ran the updates that I could. I installed freegee pro as well. After I did this I also installed CWM recovery and made sure I updated it as well. I made a backup as I always have before I factory reset and I saved it to my external sd card.

I downloaded several roms to flash and gapps and a few other things i found that I liked and saved these to my ext sd card. I used astro file manager and root explorer to verify that the files were on the external sd card.

After the backup using cmw recovery I went into twrp. I did a factory reset per the instructions and after the reset I can't see my external SD card. I have tried EVERYTHING. I dug into every folder I could. I tried rebooting and seeing if I can see the external card from my pc. I cannot see it anywhere.

Can someone PLEASE help me out.
9th February 2014, 02:06 PM   |  #2  
ricco333's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 338
 
723 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by da9b16

OK- I am not new here.... been away for awhile but. I recently rooted both of my lg optimus g pro e980 from ATT. I followed the directions on a few threads regarding this procedure. I installed twrp 2.6.3.0 and ran the updates that I could. I installed freegee pro as well. After I did this I also installed CWM recovery and made sure I updated it as well. I made a backup as I always have before I factory reset and I saved it to my external sd card.

I downloaded several roms to flash and gapps and a few other things i found that I liked and saved these to my ext sd card. I used astro file manager and root explorer to verify that the files were on the external sd card.

After the backup using cmw recovery I went into twrp. I did a factory reset per the instructions and after the reset I can't see my external SD card. I have tried EVERYTHING. I dug into every folder I could. I tried rebooting and seeing if I can see the external card from my pc. I cannot see it anywhere.

Can someone PLEASE help me out.

I don't understand why you do your backups with CWM, and then you go into TWRP, what recovery do you have currently installed? You can only have one.

Erik
11th February 2014, 04:27 AM   |  #3  
da9b16's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Big D Tex
Thanks Meter: 6
 
114 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricco333

I don't understand why you do your backups with CWM, and then you go into TWRP, what recovery do you have currently installed? You can only have one.

Erik



I have never used twrp until this phone. I have been out of the loop for about 14 months... changed jobs and started my own company. been too busy. I followed instructions... and it talks about them BOTH being available for use.

The bottom line is I still dont see how the external SD card is not being seen... my backup and my roms are on the external... makes no sense. I can pull the card out and see the roms on my other lg optimus g pro just fine.
11th February 2014, 08:42 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
115 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by da9b16

OK- I am not new here.... been away for awhile but. I recently rooted both of my lg optimus g pro e980 from ATT. I followed the directions on a few threads regarding this procedure. I installed twrp 2.6.3.0 and ran the updates that I could. I installed freegee pro as well. After I did this I also installed CWM recovery and made sure I updated it as well. I made a backup as I always have before I factory reset and I saved it to my external sd card.

I downloaded several roms to flash and gapps and a few other things i found that I liked and saved these to my ext sd card. I used astro file manager and root explorer to verify that the files were on the external sd card.

After the backup using cmw recovery I went into twrp. I did a factory reset per the instructions and after the reset I can't see my external SD card. I have tried EVERYTHING. I dug into every folder I could. I tried rebooting and seeing if I can see the external card from my pc. I cannot see it anywhere.

Can someone PLEASE help me out.

I have the same problem.
I used FReeGee to unlock my bootloader and flashed cwm to have my files visible. But still it messes up with my internal SD that it is always set to SDCARD/0. It is so useless and wastes more memories.
IS there something what we need to avoid or fix that issue with the SD`?
11th February 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #5  
ricco333's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 338
 
723 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fosunite

I have the same problem.
I used FReeGee to unlock my bootloader and flashed cwm to have my files visible. But still it messes up with my internal SD that it is always set to SDCARD/0. It is so useless and wastes more memories.
IS there something what we need to avoid or fix that issue with the SD`?

Your problem is not related to CWM or FreeGee, the reason why you see SDcard/0 after you flash cm 10.2 or later is because with Jelly Bean 4.2 Android implemented the multi user feature that wasn't present in JB 4.1 that came with the G pro. That is easily solved, just do a search for Aroma File Manager and you can move your files from your SD to the folder /0 and recover your SD card lost space.

Erik

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by da9b16

I have never used twrp until this phone. I have been out of the loop for about 14 months... changed jobs and started my own company. been too busy. I followed instructions... and it talks about them BOTH being available for use.

The bottom line is I still dont see how the external SD card is not being seen... my backup and my roms are on the external... makes no sense. I can pull the card out and see the roms on my other lg optimus g pro just fine.

If I were you, I would flash the stock .tot file from att using LGflash tools and start over, when using FreeGee you don't have to install both recoveries, just choose one, I use CWM, there is only one recovery partition therefore only one recovery can be installed.

Erik
2nd April 2014, 05:30 AM   |  #6  
playerjunglejosh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
150 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
I can see this is dated, but maybe this is of some help. Twrp will not recognize any sd card if is exFAT. It has to be FAT32 if I'm not mistaken. It may just be FAT, but I'm pretty sure it's FAT32.

I have been having this issue, and did a good bit of research. I'm gonna reformat my memory card at some point to check, but it will take a while for me to get my files moved around.

Just thought I'd give you the heads up.

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda app-developers app
2nd April 2014, 11:56 AM   |  #7  
Neroga's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saint Cloud, Florida
Thanks Meter: 565
 
1,282 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
As far as TWRP goes, Madmack's Hacked TWRP is the only one that I've gotten to read my external sd. Both ExFAT and FAT32.

Sent from my Stock 4.4 LG-E980

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes