Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,441 Members 43,862 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to fix fully bricked/fastboot failure/CID error on Motorola Razr (XT190S)

Tip us?

Lincoln357
Old
Thanks Meter 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by JovieBrett View Post
Yep unfortunately that's the problem right now. It can only boot with 'bp tools' option. The only thing you can normally boot it is to install a BMM or SS recovery so that it can bypass through booting the CID error without encountering the black screen. As of now, I don't have the required stuff to fix it and don't have the knowledge to find what's behind that problem. The device (Motorola Razr) is not mine, I just fixed it for my friend. I think we can only live with the recovery installed because without it, it's impossible to boot the device normally without CID.

Take note, booting with BP tools is like booting in safe mode, it does not save any progress you made after you customize some stuff on the main screen itself.
Don't worry, no one found the solution to boot the device normally without the CID, but installing SS works just fine, if you don't mind seeing that screen saying "error blah blah..." for a couple of seconds.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk
Motorola Razr XT910K Finally unbricked - Multiboot:
#1 stock slot AICP 4.4.4
#2 SlimKat 4.4.4 - Build 6

#3 Carbon 4.4.4
#4 [KitKat] Liquidsmooth 3.1
JBX-Kernel-2.1-Hybrid
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
HTC HD2 KitKat 4.4.2 NexusHD2 V4.3
Godfather of XYECMAO rom
Safestrap 3.65 / TWRP
The Following User Says Thank You to Lincoln357 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

turffe
Old
Thanks Meter 200
Default Fix deleted CID completely

Remove that bootlogo & boot your device without BP tools you can do this - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2406867 .It removes CID err on bootlogo & you can boot normally. But if your bootlogo will be changed error will appear again. So you'll need to flash fix everytime your bootlogo changes...
The Following User Says Thank You to turffe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JovieBrett
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 296

DONATE TO ME
That's it!
Thank you! I've included your post to the first post