XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] filtering the models, focusing on 10in

Tip us?

gcbxda
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Tablet [Q] filtering the models, focusing on 10in

most threads here are from not-10inch... including the sticks. they just list "ROMS" and all of them are for 8, 7in.

Where can i find the latest info for 10? or what is the best way you guys use to filter for the 10in only?

it is a completely different beast with its intel cpu ...feel those models should not even be bundled together.
--

nexus one, buyer remorse. cm7.1
hp touchpad, pure awesomeness. cm9 nightly + stock webOS
alcatel touchone fire. firefoxOS from source every slow weekend or so.

j.the.campbell
Old
(Last edited by j.the.campbell; 25th November 2013 at 05:11 PM.) Reason: completion
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcbxda View Post
most threads here are from not-10inch... including the sticks. they just list "ROMS" and all of them are for 8, 7in.

Where can i find the latest info for 10? or what is the best way you guys use to filter for the 10in only?

it is a completely different beast with its intel cpu ...feel those models should not even be bundled together.
You won't find much for the 10 in yet...unless I've been digging in the wrong places....
The only place I have found anything of use for the 10 is in the dev forums. You will find a great root ad custom recovery there, I got the cwm(unofficial)recovery and root installed on first attempt, but it is a dev forum, so don't expect to get a lot of answers there. I recommend DutchDanny's custom recovery, and you'll find what you need for root in the same thread.
I have found nothing interesting as far as ROMs go, though.
Good luck, and let me know if you find anything stable and useful for our tablets!

I imagine we will have our own forum once there is more out there that is specific to our device.

gcbxda
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Have this changed recently? To be honest I'm using the 10in just for some website testing since it's the only Samsung browser i have... I still use the touchpad for having fun with Android. Can't beat that community.

but the x86 CPU on the 10in is always making me think i can do interesting stuff with this tablet... Ubuntu? FirefoxOS? Dedicated scummvm machine?

Sent from my Nexus One using xda app-developers app
--

nexus one, buyer remorse. cm7.1
hp touchpad, pure awesomeness. cm9 nightly + stock webOS
alcatel touchone fire. firefoxOS from source every slow weekend or so.

Brian D
Old
(Last edited by Brian D; 2nd April 2014 at 01:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 17
I agree that there is a lot of mixing and mismatching going on here. The only dedicated thread to the P5210 is the development thread and that isn't very interesting at all. Under this main thread of troubleshooting there should be three sub categories; 7", 8", and 10". This would segregate the tablets and keep like info together instead of sprue about as it is right now. But it is all good. Just have to, like you said, filter a wee bit.
Tags
tab310