Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,200 Members 40,561 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fix Permissions not needed ?

Tip us?

robinta
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Fix Permissions not needed ?

Ive always ran the fix permissions option in recovery on my s2 after reflashing and to cure minor issues, but I notice Philz recovery no longer has this option and I believe the latest cwm is the same.

Ive ran fix permissions from ROM Manager but after rebooting I then lose 5-6 apps from the phone and start getting 'insufficient storage' errors. Ive covered this in another thread so wont go over old ground. But does this mean that fixing permissions now serves no functionality if not in recovery ? Will clearing dalvik and cache suffice ?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

spamtrash
Old
Thanks Meter 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinta View Post
Ive always ran the fix permissions option in recovery on my s2 after reflashing and to cure minor issues, but I notice Philz recovery no longer has this option and I believe the latest cwm is the same.

Ive ran fix permissions from ROM Manager but after rebooting I then lose 5-6 apps from the phone and start getting 'insufficient storage' errors. Ive covered this in another thread so wont go over old ground. But does this mean that fixing permissions now serves no functionality if not in recovery ? Will clearing dalvik and cache suffice ?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app
1. Questions shall be placed in Q&A thread, not in General;
2. "but does that mean..." - you already replied to that, didn't you? Or do you want to have the "functionality" of apps disappearing and errors in CWM?
3. What for would you like to clean cache and Dalvik? If your apps are not surviving flashing (typical between major versions), you shall make phone wipe. If the apps are surviving - what's the problem?
HTC HD2 (still alive and kicking), I9000, I9300, I9505