Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,298 Members 43,030 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Explain To Me Like I'm Five: Getting Phone back to S-On and Locked

Tip us?

BygSii
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default Explain To Me Like I'm Five: Getting Phone back to S-On and Locked

I need to send my phone in to get the camera fixed. I am currently S-Off, Unlocked, Rooted, with custom Rom. I updated my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 8. I was stupid and didn't save my C:/Android folder. So I'm pretty much lost. Someone explain to me like I'm five. How do I get my phone back to S-On, Locked, with no custom recovery, no custom kernel, with the right CID ID, with the right kernel, ect. ect. I used to be a wizard at this type of thing, and i took six months off this website, and look what's it's done to me! Lol. I can't remember anything. I remember I have to go to Command Dos Prompt (CMD) and enter a bunch of commands, but I don't remember what I need to download or how I need to get there. Also, what steps I need to take, one at a time. I know it's asking for a lot, but if someone can step up to the plate, this would be a very popular thread.

eman7131
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Well I'm no wizard either, but this should get you going in the right direction for now. -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2475216

GrayTheWolf
Old
Thanks Meter 2127

DONATE TO ME
I'll have a video up in a day or so.
S-Off thanks to Beaups and Sonic2756!

If I helped in any way, please hit the "Thanks" button!

Click here to check out my development page.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrayTheWolf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BygSii
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
So I believe I've flashed the RUU to get phone to run stock android. When i try to "LOCK" the bootloader, by typing in the beginning of code that starts "adb shell", i get the message "device not recognized" what am i doing wrong? Everything looks good, even CID is VZW__001. I'm Unlocked and S-OFF. I'm just having trouble getting it to say "LOCKED".

GrayTheWolf
Old
Thanks Meter 2127

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BygSii View Post
So I believe I've flashed the RUU to get phone to run stock android. When i try to "LOCK" the bootloader, by typing in the beginning of code that starts "adb shell", i get the message "device not recognized" what am i doing wrong? Everything looks good, even CID is VZW__001. I'm Unlocked and S-OFF. I'm just having trouble getting it to say "LOCKED".
Video tutorials are up: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2703585
S-Off thanks to Beaups and Sonic2756!

If I helped in any way, please hit the "Thanks" button!

Click here to check out my development page.